Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My KY Clerk Questions

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

My KY Clerk Questions

Not that anyone cares..........

1) She swore to uphold the law when she took office. HOWEVER, the law changed since then; it changed June 26, 2015 in KY. So she did not swear to uphold that new law. The oath should not be (although legally it might be, I'm simply not sure) "I will uphold all laws that might be passed in the future".

2) So, she didn't have to issue a license based on the new law. But she had a choice. Either do 100% of her job under the new law, or do 0% of her job under the new law. The latter would mean she resigned, I suppose.

3) Notwithstanding all of the above, why would anyone be so goofus as to fight her? Why not simply go to another county and get a license there? This is a state issue. Why do folks want such attention brought to them? Do they not realize that is what is inflammatory to their opposition, their 'flauntiness'? I don't get that. Show some humility in your danged life, people.

4) "Contempt of Court".............goes to jail............ hmmm. If the judge had that kind of power over an elected official (She WAS elected, right?), why can't he just fire her?

This is what happens when the "State" (Government) gets in the marriage business. They need to get out of it, 100%, right now.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

So any time there's an elected official that decides they don't agree with the laws they are elected to uphold, your answer would be just select another county/state/nation? This isn't a problem in the state issuing marriage licenses, this is about
    one county official refusing to do what she was elected to do. And the clerk isn't empowering anyone to do anything. The clerk is simply issuing a marriage document that is filed with the county. It ain't as if she's a preacher 'marrying' anybody.
    This is beyond ridiculous. And yes, people go to jail all the time for comtemp of court. She and her slick lawyer pretty much thumbed the judge in the eye with their comments to the media. I'm sure she was contemptible in that aspect.

bKB

Ok. But you didn't read what I wrote, or didn't understand it. I explained my opinion that she swore to uphold ONE law, but when it changed, that was no longer the law that she swore to uphold............and further, that she should have resigned if upholding THAT law bothered her.

But I guess you didn't read that part.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Prolly not. And they don't swear to uphold a specific set of laws, they swear to uphold all the laws whatever they may be. And indeed if she is incapable of doing that, then she needs to resign.
    I'll only add that its the county clerk's job to file divorces too, which apparently she gleefully does without any guilt pangs.

BKB

I think this is clear evidence you don't really read what I write! LOL

She deserves to be in jail.

She's an idiot.

And had gay couples stopped going to her for marriage licenses, her idiocy would have never been challenged or brought to light.

Bucky you said "why did people go to her, why not go to another clerk".... Well that's like saying that because one clerk in a county won't issue CCW permits that YOU should just go to another clerk. I don't think you'd do that. I think you'd take a stand. Which is exactly what these carpet munchers and knob gobblers did, bless their hearts.

States/fed have no right to declare marriage anyway. It's a biblical institution.

But she's still a nut bag.

Agree the "State" should get out of it. But no, she's not a nut bag. That's silly.

One more question for Posthole to ignore or misread. (I crack myself up).

IF she was a Muslim, and refused, what would be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Agree the "State" should get out of it. But no, she's not a nut bag. That's silly.
    She's a radical nut bag. She could stay out of jail, out of the news, out of trouble... By either: A) upholding the oath, or whatever it is they take when elected, or B) resigning.

To do neither, and to think this would not explode in her face, is classic trait of a nut bag.

Well, I think your #1 point is about as silly as they come. If the speed limit on a certain stretch of road is 55 when you become a cop, and gets changed to 65, are you gonna be out there writing speeding tickets for people doing the "legal" speed limit because that's not what it was when you joined the force?

I couldn't agree with your #2 more.

So far, your #1 is asinine and #2 is spot on. But just when I think you're on the right page, you swing another 180 degrees to your asinine #3. She was elected County Clerk, NOT County God. Why should a citizen be inconvenienced to drive to another county because of this total nutbag?

She was told by her boss (the Governor) to issue the licenses, but she still refused. She was given a second chance ... to let any of her 5 deputies issue the licenses without interfering with the process, but she refused to let THEM do it, even though she was not a part of the process. She needs to be kicked to the curb asap 'cause she's a twat!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

She is a nutbag, and should be removed from office. A judge, however cannot do that. She cannot be "fired". The judge was right in this case. If she don't want to do her job she should step down.
    And in NC/SC you have to get the marriage license IN the county you are going to say your vows in. So going to another county is not an option.
    Her invoking God into this whole process is stupid...
    It's simple. Do you job or quit.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Just wondering how this would fly if a guy joined the military during peacetime, then a war broke out before his enlistment ended. Ya' think he could say he ain't goin' 'cause there was no war when he joined? This is a stupid argument and she needs to go. I can't believe it's dragged on this long already.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Just wondering how this would fly if a guy joined the military during peacetime, then a war broke out before his enlistment ended. Ya' think he could say he ain't goin' 'cause there was no war when he joined? This is a stupid argument and she needs to go. I can't believe it's dragged on this long already.
    Good analogy but I don't think that's the premise of her argument, I think Bucky was just spit ballin. Although I could be wrong. I haven't read much about it since it's ridiculous.

OK, then.

So, objectively answer the last question, then.

IF she was Muslim and doing the same exact thing, what then? NOT what YOU think SHOULD happen.......but what WOULD have happened?

OK, then. So, objectively answer the last question, then. IF she was Muslim and doing the same exact thing, what then? NOT what YOU think SHOULD happen.......but what WOULD have happened?
    Same thing
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Ultimately maybe. But I do doubt it. I think it's PC to say "same thing"..........but I do not think it would be.

I keep waiting on some rabble rouser to ask a Muslim Imam to marry him and his good buddy, and raise a stink when they don't.

I may be wrong.

Ultimately maybe. But I do doubt it. I think it's PC to say "same thing"..........but I do not think it would be. I keep waiting on some rabble rouser to ask a Muslim Imam to marry him and his good buddy, and raise a stink when they don't. I may be wrong.
    Even if you are right.... And you may be ...it doesn't change the fact that she's dead wrong.
    She's wrong.
    The towel head would be wrong.

What other people think, I couldn't give Thumpers pet vermin's ass.

Vermin..........

a schooled boy@! Impressive@!

I'm siding with bucky on this one.....

Blind squirrel, meet Nut.

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    I'm siding with bucky on this one.....
    I'm not sure what "siding with Bucky" means persactly. He's all over the map!

Nah.... I'm not.

Re-reading this.

What I said originally is almost identical to what everyone else said. But everyone else argued with me. I guess either y'all can't read or I can't write. I suspect the latter.

I tried to say in my first two points that this woman swore to uphold a law that changed on her, and thus she had to either decide to do her job (100% of it) or resign (0% of it). That's exactly what y'all said. But somehow I'm "all over the map".

I think maybe someone can't read a map!

Who the heck reads a map in this day and age? That's why God invented GPS's!

hahaha.

This (in great GH fashion) reminds me of a story. When we drove to Montana (3 day trip!) a few years ago to muley hunt, the guy with me kept berating me for using my GPS on the dash to get there. He said "USE A MAP!"......he thought that 'technology' would lead you astray and those were silly.

I laughed........and asked him where he thought the data for the map came from. He stammered, didn't know. I then asked him if he thought that the information/data for the map was coming from a different, or same, source than the data for the GPS? He stammered again.

I said "Both use exactly the same source for their data. The map is about a year old most likely. The GPS is as up to date as the last time I plugged it into my PC with a USB cord and updated it. NOW which do you want to use?"

I tried to say in my first two points that this woman swore to uphold a law that changed on her, and thus she had to either decide to do her job (100% of it) or resign (0% of it).

Well, here is what you said ... you can't see where the confusion lies? Your statement above has a bit added to it.

She swore to uphold the law when she took office. HOWEVER, the law changed since then .... So she did not swear to uphold that new law.
    That sounds to me like you're siding with HER. Laws change daily ... IMHO, she swore to uphold the laws of the State. If ONLY the laws in place at the time of her election are held valid, she wouldn't be in office more than a week! She can't pick and choose.

IMO, GPS is ONE of the coolest devices invented in my lifetime. I love those things and think they're the neatest things since sliced bread. I'd have given my left nut for one when I had my business. I couldn't tell you how much time I wasted mapping out jobs, estimates and errands everyday as efficiently as possible with a pile of maps. (one for every city I worked in)

I had (expensive) Thomas Guides stacked from floor to ceiling!

I honestly.........and I'm NOT trying to be confrontational.........do NOT see the confusion. I just don't.

I said, or tried to say, that the law that she swore to uphold had changed, and thus she had a decision to make. And that decision was to either do her job or resign.

And that, to me, is very clear in what I said. It's pretty much black and white. If that's confusing to you, I apologize, but I can't figure out how I could have said it any plainer.

And that's exactly what everyone of you said..............

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    IMO, GPS is ONE of the coolest devices invented in my lifetime. I love those things and think they're the neatest things since sliced bread.
    My truck has a built in one. That is a very neat feature, and you don't have to remember to bring one with you, and all that. But it's not as robust as my Garmin 2797 (I think that's the model ?)........that one tells you more information than the display can handle. You can change each item to something else.............miles to go, distance traveled, moving speed average, total speed average, arrival time, and on and on. Plus, it tells you elevation (sort of neat, something I keep an eye on while driving, just for the heck of it). Just a ton of info, and I agree.......they are just amazing. Especially to men..........who NEVER ask directions!

I said .... that the law that she swore to uphold had changed, and thus she had a decision to make. And that decision was to either do her job or resign.
    You said the above at 7:40 am TODAY ... you did NOT say that at 3:25 pm YESTERDAY in point #1.

That's why I made mention of the fact your #1 sucked, but you were spot on with #2. I suppose they should have been combined to make sense.

What it boils down to is, in MY post, I disagreed with your point 1, but agreed with point 2. So, did I agree or disagree with you?