Not that anyone cares..........

1) She swore to uphold the law when she took office. HOWEVER, the law changed since then; it changed June 26, 2015 in KY. So she did not swear to uphold that new law. The oath should not be (although legally it might be, I'm simply not sure) "I will uphold all laws that might be passed in the future".

2) So, she didn't have to issue a license based on the new law. But she had a choice. Either do 100% of her job under the new law, or do 0% of her job under the new law. The latter would mean she resigned, I suppose.

3) Notwithstanding all of the above, why would anyone be so goofus as to fight her? Why not simply go to another county and get a license there? This is a state issue. Why do folks want such attention brought to them? Do they not realize that is what is inflammatory to their opposition, their 'flauntiness'? I don't get that. Show some humility in your danged life, people.

4) "Contempt of Court".............goes to jail............ hmmm. If the judge had that kind of power over an elected official (She WAS elected, right?), why can't he just fire her?

This is what happens when the "State" (Government) gets in the marriage business. They need to get out of it, 100%, right now.