Thread: I LOVE FALL!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

I LOVE FALL!

Fall is my favorite time of year. I snuck out for a couple hours after work last night just to enjoy the cooler air, fresh scent of pine, and to hook a fish or two.

Nothing prettier than a spawning brooke from a brook.

Well nothing is prettier except maybe a spawning West Slope Cutthroat. Nope neither of the fish I posted are big, but who cares when they look like this. It was an enjoyable evening filled hits and misses on the creek. In the end I landed a dozen or so fish and thoroughly enjoyed the hyper quick couple hours on the creek. Why can't hours at work slip away equally as fast?!

As I was leaving this little fellow peeked out of the foliage at me from only 8 feet away. Ruffed grouse and the outdoors just go hand in hand in my mind. IT'S FALL and LIFE IS GOOD!

I havent caught a wild brookie in a while. That one is a very nice painted fish... Wild fish, love them...

Nandy it's been a year since I caught my last brookie so I was pretty excited even if he was a tiny little bugger. I've got a creek with pretty decent sized brookies relatively near here. I want to fish it in the worst kind of way, but it's a little bit of a hike, and it is absolutely infested with rattle snakes. So I'm hoping for colder weather so I can get in and out of there without having to deal with rattle-me snakes.

From last year.

Love this time of year. congrats on some nice fish. hoping to see you down this way NEXT fall. Amy's bear was aged at 10.3.

That is another awesome fish...

This is my largest brookie so far, we dont grow them too large so this is a nice size for our area. shame I cant find the original picture so I could zoom in the colors....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent Brookie Nandy.