Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man! Did somebody pull the plug on this joint?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    One more thing I'll vote for anyone who would

1) Institute a flat tax simplifying the tax code
    2) Return majority rights to states - thinking that every state should act the same is ridiculous both (Financially (mimimum wage) and culturally)
    3) Return SS to SS and not a ponzi scheme to pull money from
    4) Ensure government assistance programs are designed as short-term assistance and not long-term crutches

These are probably my top 5 issues. The Iran deal scares me but honestly I've only heard the talking points on it not really read. If we truly are allowing self inspection and returning $120B that would be up there too....just not as educated on that.

Is it bad to say that I am pulling for the person that could beat Hillary? Really that's what it all boils down to for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    One more thing I'll vote for anyone who would

1) Institute a flat tax simplifying the tax code
    2) Return majority rights to states - thinking that every state should act the same is ridiculous both (Financially (mimimum wage) and culturally)
    3) Return SS to SS and not a ponzi scheme to pull money from
    4) Ensure government assistance programs are designed as short-term assistance and not long-term crutches

These are probably my top 5 issues. The Iran deal scares me but honestly I've only heard the talking points on it not really read. If we truly are allowing self inspection and returning $120B that would be up there too....just not as educated on that.
    Those are only 4, but I like the way you think...

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    One more thing I'll vote for anyone who would 1) Institute a flat tax simplifying the tax code 2) Return majority rights to states - thinking that every state should act the same is ridiculous both (Financially (mimimum wage) and culturally) 3) Return SS to SS and not a ponzi scheme to pull money from 4) Ensure government assistance programs are designed as short-term assistance and not long-term crutches These are probably my top 5 issues. The Iran deal scares me but honestly I've only heard the talking points on it not really read. If we truly are allowing self inspection and returning $120B that would be up there too....just not as educated on that.
    Other than me being able to count to 5 ...

We are both on the exact same page.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Trump: "We will build a wall X high and Y long from Point A to Point B, and secure out borders totally". Agree or not, this is a concrete proposal, with measurable objectives, and talks to an issue on the mind of every white american male, and tons of others! I see a huge difference.
    Interesting as well. You pick the one semi-concrete proposal he's come up with. Of course, when pressed for details on how we'll pay for it, how long it will take or how we'll round up all the illegals and deport them he has nothing. Or, worse yet, he spews nonsense about making Mexico pay for it or he's got people who will figure that all out.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Yes, but he's been close and he's certainly lost a lot of other people's money through at least four corporate bankruptcies. Neither Fiorina nor any of the other candidates have declared personal bankruptcy either. What's your point?
    You're the one who brought up bankruptcy, I figured after your affirmation for the loser women I should make sure you knew..... By the way Trump is worth 3 BILLION and I seriously doubt you knowing if he was actually personally close or not.

Before we continue, did you even watch the debate?

SO should I list a criteria for you to meet now, or just answer your question first ?

No, I'm done playing for tonight. There's football to watch.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I'll check in - but - I'll be a bit covered up for the next 6 weeks, or so. Started combining yesterday.. 12 hrs a day - 6 days a week.. and I'm supposed to be "retired".
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

I've been doing 9 hours in the combine cab myself .....

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Interesting as well. You pick the one semi-concrete proposal he's come up with. Of course, when pressed for details on how we'll pay for it, how long it will take or how we'll round up all the illegals and deport them he has nothing. Or, worse yet, he spews nonsense about making Mexico pay for it or he's got people who will figure that all out.
    Well no.......he doesn't have 'nothing' on that. He said he'd withhold $280M in current aid to Mexico, and use that to build the wall. Seems specific to me.

But there are things he's as vague on as anyone else. That does not obviate the fact that the others have no measurable proposals at all.......not even one. I might be wrong, I'm not paying a LOT of attention, I admit! There's 400 days to go, and what happens now won't even be remembered Nov, 2016.

No matter what, Trump has changed the rules and is different. I've long advocated the need for the Chaos Party if we're to ever change anything. He apparently has invented it. Well, I invented it, but hey........the only BILLION I got, is debt!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I don't think Trump avoids questions as much as he just refuses to be trapped by stupid one's. Or that's the way I take it.

I'm not convinced anyone here or on TV has correctly categorized him yet.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    I've been doing 9 hours in the combine cab myself .....
    Just had a little rain hitting the window and lightning in the west. May have a day off already..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    Just had a little rain hitting the window and lightning in the west. May have a day off already..
    I'm hoping for no rain the next week, I need to miss one this year....

I'm really not looking to pick a fight here. Other than no to the Donald (who I will freely admit I've despised long before he ever ran for President), I haven't come close to deciding who to vote for. It does frustrate me that here we are 4-5 months before the first primary and 14 months before the election so many folks seem to be jumping on the Trump bandwagon mostly it seems because they think he can beat Hilary (and he's an asshole who says whatever the help pops into his head) when Hilary is imploding and may not even be the candidate.

Oh Hank. I wouldn't fight you over much of anything!!! Between you and Herb (since Cliffie left), I bow my head and am VERY reticent and humbled when I read either your or his posts. I yell total b/s in my posts, then you two guys correct me, and I try to re-think.

I gotta admit, he's one of the last humans I would have thought of running for President........as of last year. But now, whoever he is, I think I realize what buttons he's pushing on everyone. Ain't you never be'd a Redneck, boy?? If'n you wuz a good Redneck like us Southern Folk.......you'd know how frustrating your world has become, and how this one guy is the SOLE spokesman even coming close to saying what you wanna hear! And he's not even close. It's WAY more 'red' than even he says. He's WAY too Liberal, but he's loud and partly right, and By Gum, for now that's enough.

Here's the thing that makes me laugh...........in a snorty sort of non-humor way..........

ONE of these idjits is GOING to be President of these here Non-United States!

Oh.........and I tell you what I really listen for. My 'deer ears' are turning and perked ready to hear this kind of thing. It's one of the only reasons I pay attention to what they say:

If a Candidate (for any office, but especially POTUS) proclaims he WILL do X and Y when X and Y are clearly outside his legal and Constitutional purview, at that point I make a very dark and clear negative check mark against him. If he says "I think WE ought to do X and Y", that's different. Then I know his opinion on the matter. But if he says he WILL accomplish this or that, but he can't, then I know what I'm dealing with.

The biggest one of these is the Tax Code. If a Candidate says he WILL reform it, WILL abolish it and start over, WILL implement a radically new way of taxation (e.g., Flat Tax), then he's an idiot. Only Congress can do that.

You're way too kind. Herb and Chilly Willy are the smart guys around here. I wish they'd post more. Me, I haven't got the time or inclination to follow national politics like I did when I was a younger man. Trust me when I say I'm just a big ol' country boy at heart and most of the folks I run into on a day to day basis consider me their token right-wing gun nut friend. I do have the benefit (or curse?) of some insight into what or how the other half thinks due to that exposure. I get the frustration that leads people to Trump. Really. I just think he's a false prophet and will set us back 20 years in the search for the Answer. He's no second coming of Ronald Reagan and that's what I'm looking for.

Then you'll have to persuade Cappy to run.

Maybe we can talk him into it while he's doped up on his pain meds from surgery.

Just what we need in office after Obama ... a doped up dope!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Bite me Thumper, I could do a better job with half my brain tied behind my back....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

HALF your brain???? I won't bring rope ... I'll bring thread!

WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT SURGERY CAPPY HAD????????????? GOOD GRACIOUS.

It's a secret. Only Facebook users are allowed to know.

Oh.

So it was NOT brain surgery then..............

ok.

Silly! How could one operate on something that does not exist?

??????????????

I thought they worked on your heart???????????