Thread: Wish we had a fishing forum ...

Wish we had a fishing forum ...

I went to an estate sale this morning and picked up a few odds & ends that I think I can make a buck on. I generally don't pay too much attention to the fishing stuff ... I'll usually take a quick glance, but don't spend much time looking. I did pick up a vintage reel once, still "new" in the box with papers and made a nice chunk of change on it ... but that's the exception more than the rule. I did grab an outfit this morning though. It's nothing super special (I don't think), but for the price, I couldn't pass it up. It looks to be brand new (still has a UPC sticker on the rod) and had no line installed.

The reel is an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5500-C mounted on a Shimano 5-1/2' BullWhip Graphite Fightin' Rod (BMP-1553). I just got home and haven't even researched it yet, but the package is brand new and for $3.00, I figured I couldn't go wrong. It even came with a fancy zippered cover for the reel.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Rod sold on ebay apr 2015 for $36.00

Reel goes between $59.99 = $119.99(new)

Looks like you done good Thump........Again