Thread: Debate Prediction...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Debate Prediction...

I will predict right now that if Trump finds himself debating Hillary Clinton she will eat him alive. I sure hope the Republicans get it together and someone rises to the top before such a debate occurs.

Agreed.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

She's making everybody else on that stage her bitches tonight.

Recreational marijuana!

BKB

I think the only thing Gov. O'Malley wanted to talk about tonight was green energy. He must have slipped it in 10 times during the night trying to lead the debate toward that direction whether it was the subject being discussed or not.

I hate to say it, but as much as I can't stand her, Hillary has outclassed everyone so far ... including the Republicans.

You mean the fact the he's going to create a clean energy grid by 2015? Think he got that plug in enough?

SNL is going to have a good time with this debate. I'm for sure going to watch it this Saturday.

BKB

Looks like it'll be down to Bernie and Hillary ... unless Biden jumps in to stir the pot. I don't really think Bernie will be able to hang though. Hillary outclassed the whole field.

Ha! Yeah, he couldn't bring it up enough! I don't think he's too concerned about any other issues. I'm sure you're right about SNL.

Jim Webb is the one guy that made me want to look further into. I was impressed by him.

BKB

It'd be a wasted vote.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    He used to be one of my Senators. I'll give him this, he's definitely his own man. He also always seemed to be a chip shot away from crazy to me. Something about his eyes...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    I will predict right now that if Trump finds himself debating Hillary Clinton she will eat him alive. I sure hope the Republicans get it together and someone rises to the top before such a debate occurs.
    Like her or hate her (it's the latter for me personally), but she totally spanked EVERY contender last night as far as debates go. The Republican debates looked like a bunch of rag-tag school boys compared to the Democratic debate. Of course, I'm not sure how things would have gone if there'd been elebenty Dems on the stage either, but the professionalism was like night and day comparatively. I 100% agree with your quote above B/S.

Regarding the Donald, there is speculation that once the Republican contenders are down too just a few that Trump will tone down his delivery on the issues in this coming election. The man has the money too hire the best coaches for his campaign speeches! It will be interesting. Also there is a poll out that says Mrs. Clinton would lose too all current top running republican candidates!

Quote Originally Posted by Fido View Post
    Also there is a poll out that says Mrs. Clinton would lose too all current top running republican candidates!
    Was that a FOX poll Fido?

The saving grace "may" be this ongoing email investigation. I have no clue how that is going to turn out. I don't even know whatever happened to the Benghazi thing. I fear the only way Hillary will crash and burn is if they get something from her past to actually stick.

BTW, I like the shake-up Trump is causing and would love to be able to look into a crystal ball to see what would happen if he were elected, but without having that ability, I fear he would be a bigger embarrassment than the clown who's in office now.

Thumper you and I are on the same page on this whole thing. I can't stand Hillary, but as a political candidate she had her act together last night. As for anything from her past sticking, I would guess that's not likely given her husband's track record...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    Thumper you and I are on the same page on this whole thing. I can't stand Hillary, but as a political candidate she had her act together last night. As for anything from her past sticking, I would guess that's not likely given her husband's track record...
    I seem to remember something from his past "sticking"...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Yeah B/S, I think the Clintons could prolly change their last name to "Teflon"!

Sticking Monica? Or what stuck to Monica's dress? (Ewwwww!)

Nothing stuck to him though...

Please explain Bill clinton track record. Curious as to what is being referred to here.

BKB

Pecker tracks.

Ah, the blow job. I guess we're back to that.

That's cool!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    That whole deal wasn't about the blow job, it was about perjury after the fact when he got caught.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Webb's head is entirely too big. The dudes neck can barely support it. Too bad that doesn't equal brain power.

Seriously though...

If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Is that Beavis or Butthead, I never could keep them straight?

Y'all are just a bunch of yuppies making fun of him because he comports himself with military bearing. I think of all the candidates on the stage last night, and quite possibly of all the republicans, he is the one who speaks themost plain truth. and that's saying a lot. He might not win any elections with that approach, but you have to give him his due for that.

BKB

Yep, he's a brother!

And his wife is hot and from the "old country"!

And he received the Navy Cross in connection with combat operations against the enemy in the Republic of Vietnam. (this is from the presentation)

On 10 July 1969, while participating in a company-sized search and destroy operation deep in hostile territory, First Lieutenant Webb's platoon discovered a well-camouflaged bunker complex which appeared to be unoccupied. Deploying his men into defensive positions, First Lieutenant Webb was advancing to the first bunker when three enemy soldiers armed with hand grenades jumped out. Reacting instantly, he grabbed the closest man and, brandishing his .45 caliber pistol at the others, apprehended all three of the soldiers.

Accompanied by one of his men, he then approached the second bunker and called for the enemy to surrender. When the hostile soldiers failed to answer him and threw a grenade which detonated dangerously close to him, First Lieutenant Webb detonated a claymore mine in the bunker aperture, accounting for two enemy casualties and disclosing the entrance to a tunnel. Despite the smoke and debris from the explosion and the possibility of enemy soldiers hiding in the tunnel, he then conducted a thorough search which yielded several items of equipment and numerous documents containing valuable intelligence data.

Continuing the assault, he approached a third bunker and was preparing to fire into it when the enemy threw another grenade. Observing the grenade land dangerously close to his companion, First Lieutenant Webb simultaneously fired his weapon at the enemy, pushed the Marine away from the grenade, and shielded him from the explosion with his own body. Although sustaining painful fragmentation wounds from the explosion, he managed to throw a grenade into the aperture and completely destroy the remaining bunker.

By his courage, aggressive leadership, and selfless devotion to duty, First Lieutenant Webb upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and of the United States Naval Service.