Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish Bucky still liked us....

I wish Bucky still liked us....

So I could give him a hard time about the latest modification to his fishing boat. image-45709149.jpg
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Where is he? Did he and No-Till elope?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Bucky doesn't unlove nobody.

Bucky is now in Colorado Springs. Odd as heck......but I just now started this computer. Ironic. Been at State Band Competition all day yesterday (home at 2:00 am!!), and another Jr. Symphony Orchestra all afternoon. Going to a wrestling match tomorrow or Tuesday, I forget. Been at the farm during Muzzleloader Season week.......going back Gun season and alternate from there to deer camp till first of the year.

BUT.........it's unfair to not say this, I suppose.......I am not getting much enjoyment out of posting here anymore. Lots of great folks and people that I love and who have treated me and my family like gold. I can't ever repay that. And I enoy(ed) talking here. But not lately. I do notice, and sometimes read, most of the posts-----

And the reason is not some estrogen filled b/s as has been said. The real reason would take about 11 pages (seriously) to type out, and it would do me no good and it would blow up (not just burn) a bridge or two, that I don't want to do. So, I'm just not going to do that. Not trying to be 'mysterious' but I just am not going to explain it all........I'm too blunt for one reason!

And now I'm summoned to go help with 9th grade math homework, and help the older one start filling out college applications. So......sorry, but maybe check in some other day.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

BUT........the only thing I saw wrong with that boat is that there is no trolling motor.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    haha^ love you Bucky...I feel the same way in life sometime!...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    BUT........the only thing I saw wrong with that boat is that there is no trolling motor.
    Or satellite dish.
    And don't R-U-N-N-O-F-T
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I must'a missed sumpin'.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Well, since you're helping out with the 9th grade math homework, do you know anything about that Common Core bull sheeit???
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I must'a missed sumpin'. Wouldn't be the first time.
    I think this is the post that broke Bucky's back and made him R-U-N-N-O-F-T Read carefully.

http://www.goodhunting.info/showthre...ight=Emergency

Oh ... I guess I DIDN'T miss it after all ... just didn't realize the result. So, is it MY fault for starting the thread? Or P-hole for being a nasty, curmudgeonly, commie-pinko-fascist-pig-bleeding-heart-Liberal?

Are there TWO "N's" in RUNNOFT??

I guess I apparently shot at you and hit him. And he went off saying I called his son a liar or something, which I didn't do or at least didn't intend to, I was aiming for the Pumphead.

Whatever.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Are there TWO "N's" in RUNNOFT??
    Yes- pUMpHEAD http://youtu.be/tsAZ0RweVxk

Ha ha ha! Hey, I just ASKED. Redneks doen't spel to gud.

OK, I didn't need this brought up.

But since it was.......

Yes, Barry, you called me and my ambulance driving son "Dishonest" and that's the same as a liar. Ticked me off, for sure. The reason you did is that you think that any reality that conflicts with your Liberal Agenda view of the world has to be false, and anyone who states it is dishonest. Turns out that you are the dishonest one for not accepting multiple first hand accounts from all over North America, but I realize that being an Egotistical Elitist, you can't abide admitting your view of the world might be wrong and skewed. And I'll tell you what..........Cappy basically said the same thing I did, and if you had called HIM a liar I would have liked to have seen what happened next. But you won't do that, you only do that to me. You call that "feeling persecuted", but I call that statement B/S. No one here is gonna sit around and allow their personal experiences to be called a lie, not and like it. Then you used racial language that I find abhorrent, and never, ever use.......and then you told me that somehow you knew that I DID use it , and that your use was not bad like my alleged use is (another Elitist belief that you know more about me than I do). And I just realized I wasn't interested in having continued dialogue with that kind of stuff.

But that thread didn't do anything but tick me off. Big deal.

It was simply a combination of things. That thread made me realize that this place has taken a left turn, and apparently America has too. Love of big government as the solution to our problems, acceptance of things I believe are bad for our country and our culture, and the fear your thoughts might offend some goober. Couple that with the false notion that Tolerance is a virtue held only by the Left, yet being totally intolerant of anyone who has Conservative views.........that's hypocrisy and elitism. I suspect there are indeed Conservatives here, but they don't banter much.......and just throw out a tidbit here and there, and not often. That leave the printed word pretty left leaning.

I've argued with Posthole for years. I always thought he was honest and intelligent and a good person. But lately, I don't quite see that. But it's totally unfair of me to single him out completely. Totally, and I apologize, but his stuff is just an example. He's just the most verbose here of those kinds of beliefs, but mostly this place has just turned away from what interests me. I believe I know what y'all think of me, and I realize you equate "open mindedness" with virtue, and that you all think I don't have such qualities. Truth is, I sometimes don't but often do........on things that are right or wrong I pretty much don't waver unless proven wrong. I have said all my life that there ARE black and white issues, and there ARE gray issues, and wisdom is knowing the difference. To say that every issue and every thought is gray is a wimpy, incorrect, invalid, and actually a pretty stupid way of viewing the world. But that's what my world has become, and it is as evident here as it is anywhere. I also know y'all think I'm much the klutz that can't accomplish anything, and it's my fault I've let that view persist. I know who I am, and what I can do, and lately that's enough. To whatever life I have left, I am going to try and be content with who I am.

So, I don't love anyone less than I ever did. I just am not having the enjoyment out of posting here that I used to. If you need to put the 'blame' for that on me, then do so and feel good about it......if you need.

I haven't run off, I'm just not as interested in this as I used to be. If you want to argue and be honest, fine, look me up. But there are two things I cannot abide in this world.......Liberals and Elitists. I don't hate them, I just don't like their attitudes and views and have just enough life left that I don't want to spend it getting my blood pressure up for no reason. I've read posts from folks who admit to almost choking to have to agree with me on stuff. I've seen 'stirring the pot' more than honest discussions. If you make a statement that you don't believe is true, just to bring the discussion to a boil, you are the one that's dishonest, and I don't care for that. It's hard enough online to figure out what folks mean without your intentional attempts to obfuscate. I love to discuss, or even argue......but you have to be honest and state your true opinions and admit when you are wrong.......and that seems to have waned around here.

And my personal life has taken some turns that are.......stressful is the word I guess, but it doesn't do it justice. Yet, I know others here have terrible things going on also and they weather it better than I. Still, it is weighing me down, like never before, and I simply try not to add more straw onto the camel's back. I stay busy best I can, on other things.

And I said I wasn't going to say all that.........but I guess I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    So, I don't love anyone less than I ever did. I just am not having the enjoyment out of posting here that I used to.
    Bucky, I felt that way 10some years ago when I took a break. First I stopped posting, then I stopped frequenting the side and got interested on other activities. I always wondered what was going on at Goodhunting and the good people there. Then one day I decided to check it out again and such Im back.... Many things have not changed some have but what hurt me the most was finding out those members that passed and those that had have or still having hard time and I was not here to at least say a word... It bugs me...
    Hope you wont be gone 10 years too, take your time to decompress, it is not worth getting your pressure boiling....
    Later!

Life's too short to take this place so seriously Bucky. We're friends. Friends fuck with each other. We may not always like it but try to be keen on the context of what's going on in contentious conversations... You get picked on. Most of us get picked on. This site isn't about left or right. The world is not as absolute as some of us would like it to be. BBP was stating his opinion in spite of people who actually work in the profession stating facts contrary to his perspective. See that for what it is and move on. You don't have to dissect and counter every thing that's said so you can win an argument or prove your point. If someone's mind is set, you're not going to offer any sort of argument that will sway them. Every single human being makes a moral judgement at a level they may or may not be aware of. Then, they reason their way toward shoring up that moral leaning. That's simply human behavior. We can never sway another persons viewpoint in that way. After that, all that's left is the personal element. We are all friends. We are going to say shitty things to each other sometimes.

Honestly, if this is how you argue and try to settle things, how can you have been married so damn long? Either your wife rolls over on every single argument you have (doubtful) or you know when to disagree and move the hell on from a subject.

If I overstepped, I apologize.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

No reason to apologize whatsoever. But you missed the point entirely.

I think you may be the one missing the point entirely but I still love you in spite of yourself
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Well I brung it up so there. I felt like enough time had gone by for two friends to talk to each other. Didn't like the way it was hovering around like a hanging chad...

That made me laugh...

Sitting outside Kohls waiting
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I think you may be the one missing the point entirely but I still love you in spite of yourself
    No, you really did.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Bucky, I still love you !!
    And I"m sure you notice I never get involved with some of the BS arguments that go on here, I'd rather just sit and watch the leaves change color.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

But... You just proved my point.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    But... You just proved my point.
    Ha ha ha ... Touché!

Bucky, ya know, there was a time I honestly did think you and I were friends. I spent countless hours on the phone with you trying to talk you through some pretty rough patches you had. Once I figured out that you didn't want to feel better, it finally dawned on me that was a total waste of time. And then I got in trouble because I didn't want to talk on the phone with you. Forget the fact I spent ten hours a day on the phone, and didn't talk to anyone, your persecution complex I guess just made me the bad guy. I invited you to my house where you stayed and ate with us, and my wife set you up with job interviews. But that didn't work because at the dinner table you badgered her about whether you got the job to the point that she asked me if I was crazy for even considering having you over. That was the nd for her. You'd have gotten that job if you'd have just relaxed and enjoyed the hospitality that was offered to you. Then you told me you could never live in Oklahoma. The state is awful. Which is fine I guess, but an odd thing for a guest to say to someone who's trying to help you find a way to put beans on your table. I invited you to my family's farm. I drove over to meet you at Beaver Lake to fish and you didn't like my boat. Even though you were fishing out of it and never offered a penny for gas or anything. I wouldn't have taken it, but that's not the point.
    I am certainly willing to overlook a lot of stuff, and have, but your last post put an end to any of those thoughts.
    But even that isn't why I'm calling it quits. I'll try to wrap this up so I'm not too 'verbose'. I'm calling it quits because You think any person who has liberal ideas about something as small in priority as politics isn't American enough. doesn't love America enough. Is plotting to destroy our way of life. That anyone who disagrees with you is an elitist. And while you're busy putting those labels out there, if someone doesn't agree with you they're being dismissive. So I guess it boils down to I'm not 'good' enough to be your friend. And I accept that. It comes with the turf.
    So you go enjoy your life and I'll enjoy mine. I wish you the best.
    BKB

Some of that isn't true in the least. In fact.......well, never mind. There's some old sores there......

But it's fine. Let it lay.......lie.....whichever.

I can see why I haven't enjoyed it around here much, though. I appreciate your list of my faults. I won't give mine of yours. But you can certainly be an asshole at times! And that one took the cake. And yes, you are an Elitist, and you use hyperbole to try and be right every time......you did it above. I realize you've never been wrong, and I'm sure you believe you are not now either.

I guess I know how history will be written of all this. No point in trying to correct it now.

And Len, you just proved mine. Holler sometime if you want an explanation.......

Later.

Hmm, is it time to step away from the pc, take a few days breather before we continue saying things we might find unnecessary later? Just wondering, I have no dog in this fight and I realize no one is asking for my opinion but I thought I get my big brown nose in this melee....

Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
    Hmm, is it time to step away from the pc, take a few days breather before we continue saying things we might find unnecessary later? Just wondering, I have no dog in this fight and I realize no one is asking for my opinion but I thought I get my big brown nose in this melee....
    I had been trying to do that.

I appreciate everyone's concern. Nothing that occurred is anyone's fault but mine.

Later.

Well Shit! Maybe the hanging chad was not all that bad...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Quoting the old guy on the program: Edge of Alaska...... "Change is coming, by golly change is coming!"

Only thing is, months ago, I already said this place had changed!

The only reason I came back and posted, was a few of you actually asked, and care, about me.

The other reason was it really ticked me off Airbud made that "GH Video" and not one pic of me in it!

Didn't surprise me, as I expected it from him, even though I've been here for a VERY long time. Probably as far back as when he was in diapers! lol

There's fishing and gator pics of me, in the archives, so no excuse! If you are actually serious about making that video, you need to include ALL GH members.

Now that I've had time to cool off, about it and Airbud, I wish Airbud the best and hope he continues to fit in at GH, but we will not be friends.

So that's why I decided to come back and posted, what I have been up to.
    Knowing very well someone will quote me at some point, and of course someone did.

It's ok , I knew it was going to happen and didn't post anything I didn't want quoted.

CAPT made it perfectly clear, if I pulled up a stump in GH again, quoting would happen.

My question is who made Capt the boss of this place?
    When did it become alright to censor language in my post months ago to Airbud, and no one else gets censored?
    Profanity, nudity, vulgar language is accept by everyone, and I got my ass chewed out, because I told Airbud off?

And Capt, you might be right: "Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!"

So I know how Bucky is feeling about the atmosphere in GH.
    He feels the same way I do, about GH has changed. Just no one else can see it.

I did noticed, after I stopped posting, things really dropped off here.
    Heck just my one recent post, has over 200 views.

Some of you might not like me, heck I don't like a few of you, but I do bring traffic to this site.
    You never know what I'm going to post or do and I usually tried to make it something funny.

And for those that do not know, I have been one of the biggest financial supporters of this site, but no more.

I am around, like Bucky!

Once in awhile I'll check in, but this place has changed, even if you don't want to see it.
    Not as much laughter, in this place, and way to serious.