Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Y'all seen that SC classroom confrontation video?

Purty much. But I think when the audience is gone, the attitude will disappear 99% of the time. We don't have arrests in public schools but very rarely where I live so the schools are handling discipline themselves quite effectively. And we have some peckerheaded kids here just like everywhere else does. That's why I thnk in a situation like that, you can slow things down a bit and get things done without slinging anyone's -6 year old to the ground.

And neither do I thnk that's unreasonable.
    BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    We don't have arrests in public schools but very rarely whereI live
    That's right your state is mostly Republicans right, I mean after all your state is the only state where Obama didn't win one single county.
    So I can see why there might not be much problem there. They are good conservatives values that teach their children right from wrong.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Hahahahaha....just wait till I get to say I told you so.

BKB

Neither of us will probably live that long.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Purty much. But I think when the audience is gone, the attitude will disappear 99% of the time. We don't have arrests in public schools but very rarely where I live so the schools are handling discipline themselves quite effectively.
    BKB

That's where you are wrong. The attitude goes on with or without an audience. I know first hand just like the good Captain does. You get it on traffic stops where there is no one else there but the officer and the violator.

And with the second part of that, you just admitted that you don't really know how it is since things like this don't happen where you live.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    That's where you are wrong. The attitude goes on with or without an audience. I know first hand just like the good Captain does. You get it on traffic stops where there is no one else there but the officer and the violator. And with the second part of that, you just admitted that you don't really know how it is since things like this don't happen where you live.
    It's like talking to a wall Deputy, Posty has never been involved with the elements and attitudes we have see. He thinks everyone listens to reason and acts like they should. He ain't got a fucking clue. And of course there that whole Monday morning quarterbacking thing he does from the safety of his home after watching some media edited video and he gets all emotional.
    I could drop him out in a couple of neighborhoods and within 5 minutes he would be begging for police to bring in some ass-whoopin and get him out of there.
    He has no idea what attitudes are out there. He sees that person as a victim with no responsibility for the events that occurred.

Barry Bob P-Hole:

Seems to me the sheriff did what he had to do because he knew what was right.
    You know, I'm starting to agree with your way of thinking. Heck, if the L.A. Police Chief/Prosecutor's Office handled issues like that, OJ would'a been fried to a crisp before they even started that silly circus called a trial. Not a bad form of justice now that I think about it.

Thanks for opening my eyes to a new form of "justice" ... screw the investigation, I think you're guilty, so you're out'ta here!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Barry Bob P-Hole: You know, I'm starting to agree with your way of thinking. Heck, if the L.A. Police Chief/Prosecutor's Office handled issues like that, OJ would'a been fried to a crisp before they even started that silly circus called a trial. Not a bad form of justice now that I think about it. Thanks for opening my eyes to a new form of "justice" ... screw the investigation, I think you're guilty, so you're out'ta here!
    That was my Point too. Even those charged with a crime have due process. This officer was an escape goat for the sheriff who knuckled under the liberal press with a edited video.

Speaking of people that are hard headed.....I think the pot is calling the kettle black here just a little bit.

BKB

This officer was an escape goat for the sheriff who knuckled under the liberal press with a edited video.
    I'm still trying to get that mental image of an "escape goat" out of my head!

I just like to be fair and balanced.
    The first thing I said was:
    "This officer at best should have been put on administrative duty until a internal investigation was complete. At that time if the Sheriff wanted him to leave I would have supported that. SC officers work at the will and pleasure of the Sheriff. I have no problem with the sheriff releasing him in the future without giving any reason. But to do so in the light of all this made it pretty clear the sheriff buckled under (false) media twist and bios"

In other words AFTER an investigation was done I would support the sheriff in dismissing the officer if he broke policy or law. But not this buckling under to crap.

You are the closed minded feller that supports not giving the officer any due process. And just agrees with (mis)information.

Cappy chasin' bad guys before retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I just like to be fair and balanced.
    The first thing I said was:
    "This officer at best should have been put on administrative duty until a internal investigation was complete. At that time if the Sheriff wanted him to leave I would have supported that. SC officers work at the will and pleasure of the Sheriff. I have no problem with the sheriff releasing him in the future without giving any reason. But to do so in the light of all this made it pretty clear the sheriff buckled under (false) media twist and bios"

In other words AFTER an investigation was done I would support the sheriff in dismissing the officer if he broke policy or law. But not this buckling under to crap.

You are the closed minded feller that supports not giving the officer any due process. And just agrees with (mis)information.

Horse puckey. I said that the force used by the officer was excessive and I still think it was. Maybe where you're from slinging 16 year old girls around and throwing them across the floor for misdemeanor offenses is common. Like DD said, we don't have much experience with that here. Especially not in schools.
    Secondly, I said I supported the sheriff and thought he was the only one speaking common sense. By that I meant it wasn't a racial matter, it wasn't a police brutality matter, and the use of force wasn't justified. That's what the sheriff said and I agree with him. I still do, until something comes out that could change the whole story if and when it does.

Neither of those makes me hard headed or uninformed. It just means we disagree. Big fucking deal.

BKB

And its you who's throwing the sheriff under the bus! You don't know a thing about his history with this cop. Hell he might have been on probation for all we know and this was the last straw. But no. You would rather take a side without knowing any of that.
    hArDhEAd.

BKB

Is a hArDhEAd anything like a pUmPhEAd?

Close!

BKB

And its you who's throwing the sheriff under the bus! You don't know a thing about his history with this cop. Hell he might have been on probation for all we know and this was the last straw. But no. You would rather take a side without knowing any of that. hArDhEAd. BKB
    Got it, it's OK for you to do it just not me or anyone that disagrees with ya'
    I see how ya gonna be.
    Oh and by the way YOU don't know a thing about the history of this sheriff. So there!

Neener neener!!

Yep, Posty is right. The schools can handle their own discipline.

This teacher had no right to take that poor kid's cell phone from him.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Bite me DD. I never said ANY teacher didn't have a right to take anything from any kid. I suppose that's how you thofht I'd feel about it so you just made that up and threw that in there?

And yes, I'd agree that in the video you posted that is an assault on a teacher. That happens unfortunately. That's not school discipline. its the furtherest thing from it. That is crimnal assault. And its totally different than the 16 year old girl who simply wouldn't get out of her chair.

And you once accused me of being disdainful?

BKB

The point was, this is the kind of attitudes that LE and teachers have to deal with every day. The difference in the two is, in the SC case, the teacher contacted the administration who called in the SRO to handle it before it got to this point and the girl hit the officer instead of the teacher. So it's not ok if the assault is on a teacher, but the cop is supposed to take getting hit and kicked?

That comment at the bottom just reflects the attitude of a large percentage of the general public that feel that it's always someone else's fault when things like this happen.

Maybe where you're from slinging 16 year old girls around and throwing them across the floor for misdemeanor offenses is common.
    I would have agreed with you except the girl starting punching he officer the second he put hands on her. How is he supposed to removed her without laying hands on her? Once she starts assaulting an officer she took the ball game to another level. Watch the video, download it and play it slow. the officer gets sorta behind her, puts his arm around her neck and grab the pants legs and she starts punching him, that when the chair is push or pull during the scuffle. Could have the officer ignore her punches (im sure they were not too much to deal with) and not let her have it, I guess so, but that was not his reaction.

Don't worry Nandy, he don't agree with hisself.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Had she just put her cell phone away there would not have been an issue. I'm sure the teacher wished he could have dumped her on her head, but I'm also betting the officer took the heat for what he would have like to do. The report said both the teacher and administrator supported the officer's actions. (That fact tells me a whole lot!) Despite BBP's bleeding heart some kids are an evil waste of space. Most are not, but some definitely are!!! I'll bet anything if one could pull that girl's discipline record that this is not likely the first offense. I'd go as far as to bet it's a loooooong list.

You mean do what she was suppose to do? You mean the RIGHT thing??? Oh no,,, have you not my been watching tv? That would make sense. We can't do stuff that is right and makes sense anymore. We got to find someone to blame for our mistakes, and lawlessness.