Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Y'all seen that SC classroom confrontation video?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Everyone/Anyone ... put in that cop's position.. Exactly how would you have handled it?
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

She deserved an ass-whoopin'!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    Everyone/Anyone ... put in that cop's position.. Exactly how would you have handled it?
    The same way, the sheriff in this case is wrong to throw the officer under the bus that fast.
    If folks don't start letting police do their jobs you are going to see hell breaking loose.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    No Way Barry says the cop is in the wrong, I am stunned. That is all.
    Last edited by Trav; 10-28-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Barry can be wrong. Asking him about how bad the government shutdown hurt the Republicans in the Midterm elections. :-)

I'll let him lead when we got a Telco issue. On this I've got much more experience than him.
    This officer at best should have been put on administrative duty until a internal investigation was complete. At that time if the Sheriff wanted him to leave I would have supported that. SC officers work at the will and pleasure of the Sheriff. I have no problem with the sheriff releasing him in the future without giving any reason. But to do so in the light of all this made it pretty clear the sheriff buckled under (false) media twist and bios.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Yep you do have more experience in law enforcement than me. But I still think its wrong to have police perform school discipline. If police are needed, then an arrest for some crime is needed. Aren't SRO's there mainly for protection of all concerned from lawbreakers? Or are they schoolteachers with a badge? Otherwise, the teachers should have handled it. That's not being anti-cop, that just the way it oughta be. And that's just my opinion. You're welcome to yours!

BKB

This is what I've gathered from several of the reliable news sources:

> The male black teacher asked the black student to leave the classroom, several times, because of her disrespectful language, and report to the principal's office.

> She refused to leave, so the principal reported the confrontation to the principal.

> The principal could not get her to leave the classroom, either, when she became defiant.

> The principal reported the situation to the Supt. office, and they requested SRO assistance, in removing her from the classroom.

> SRO told her to get up and leave, but she refused to budge.

> SRO attempted to assist her to leave, and she began flailing and striking him.

> SRO subdued her, handcuffed her, and removed her from the classroom, as he was instructed.

What the frick is wrong with the officer doing his job, as instructed???....it's ALL the punk kid's fault for resisting....she shoulda just shut the frick up, and left the room.

I wish that SRO would come down here, looking for a job....he'd be hired in an instant.
    Southern Gentleman

Barry, I hear what you say but I disagree... Once the kid did not follow the instructions from both the teacher and principal the school had to move one step higher. If they dont every other punk will be doing the same damned thign...

This is SC law:
    Public Disorderly Conduct

Under South Carolina law, it is a misdemeanor to appear “grossly intoxicated” in a public place, or otherwise behave in a disorderly or “boisterous” (obnoxious) way. While South Carolina’s lawmakers have failed to define the term “grossly intoxicated,” courts have generally interpreted it to mean intoxication that is apparent to an outside observer, most often a police officer. For example, a drunken person riding as a passenger in a car who yells threats and obscenities out of the car window to a person on the street could be arrested and charged with public disorderly conduct.

Disorderly conduct also includes

using obscene or profane language in any public place or gathering, or within hearing distance of a schoolhouse or church, or
    firing a gun within fifty yards of a public road while under the influence of alcohol, except upon one’s own premises.

For example, a person who screams obscenities and vulgar language at another in a grocery store could be convicted of public disorderly conduct. (S.C. Code Ann. § 16-17-530.)

So, if this kids was being disorderly the officer was justified to become involved, then the kid did not follow the commands, resisted arrest AND fought the officer... she got what she deserved... Yeah, I understand it dont look good but it was what had to happen at that time.

This officer being discharged sends a terrible message to these kids that they won, that being disorderly and defiant to authority is supported. That sheriff buckled and I hope it wont get re elected.

I ask the same thing I asked before, what was the officer supposed to do? Walk away and say "ok, I guess you are not going..." To be honest, I dont think he could have done anything that would have been seen as correct by those that loves to scream "police brutality"....

I see. So you're saying he was arresting her. Did they give her a citation or book her for the offense?

And do you see throwing her on the floor and then tossing her across the room as appropriate use of force?

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Yep you do have more experience in law enforcement than me. But I still think its wrong to have police perform school discipline. If police are needed, then an arrest for some crime is needed. Aren't SRO's there mainly for protection of all concerned from lawbreakers? Or are they schoolteachers with a badge? Otherwise, the teachers should have handled it. That's not being anti-cop, that just the way it oughta be. And that's just my opinion. You're welcome to yours! BKB
    I see the Police assigned to keep peace and order at the school has to just stand there until the teacher tries to move the student acting like a butthole. And then once the butthole student hits or assaults (possibly hurting) the teacher then he/she officer can do something.
    Really Posthole??? That's a great plan there....

I see. So you're saying he was arresting her. Did they give her a citation or book her for the offense?

And do you see throwing her on the floor and then tossing her across the room as appropriate use of force?

BKB
    That is my understanding from the last video I saw, they are charging her but I have not heard what is it and since she is a minor I wonder if we will ever know.

The officer gave her a choice, you can hear him tell her that either she gets up and go or he is removing her. I see the officer put his arms around her neck and reach for her pant jeans to remove her, then she start punching him then he slams her. Yeah, you punch a police officer and you get slam, sorry, that is what happens. He could have gotten her and and twist it until she was compliant, people would have still screamed police brutality. How come the other student that was arrested was not slammed? Because when the officer confronted her she complied.

And that right there might be the line that was crossed. If its a police matter, then the thing speaks for itself. If its school discipline, then that's still another in my mind. Hell, I did some shit in school that'd probably get me tased in today's environment. If we're gonna say acting out in school is a crime, we really got some problems in public schools.

This might be one of those deals that we need to let percolate for a bit to see if the story changes as the facts come out.

BKB

The facts ain't gonna change:
    Asshole student breaking school rules and state law about being disruptive in school.
    Asshole student asked to leave by authority (teacher)
    Asshole student refused...
    Asshole student keeps being disruptive.
    Asshole student asked to leave by supervisor
    Asshole student refused
    Asshole student asked to leave by School Resource Officer
    Asshole student refused
    Asshole student got removed.
    The one person in total control that could have stopped the WHOLE DAMN situation anywhere in the above chain of events was the STUDENT
    And somehow, someway, you equate all this as the officers fault?
    You got some good weed burnin'.

Well I'm 100% with Cappy on the ill-handling of the situation by the Sheriff. Talk about folding under pressure. There is NO way that officer should have been fired without an investigation. Put him on administrative leave or behind a desk until all the facts are investigated. He did nothing short of admitting the officer was guilty before he even knew the circumstances. He's a weak ass IMHO and puts public pressure above his own officers. He sucks!

I heard one news report (and we all know how true news reports are) that said the student was so arrogant, she was even sitting in class talking on her cell phone while being asked to leave. I have NO idea if that's a fact ... all sorts of rumors are flying right now.

Bite me, Lawdawg.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Well I'm 100% with Cappy on the ill-handling of the situation by the Sheriff. Talk about folding under pressure. There is NO way that officer should have been fired without an investigation. Put him on administrative leave or behind a desk until all the facts are investigated. He did nothing short of admitting the officer was guilty before he even knew the circumstances. He's a weak ass IMHO and puts public pressure above his own officers. He sucks!
    Exactly and how much "back up" do you think the rest of his officers feel they have now. If I worked for the SOB I'd quit. Not only is that SOB not going to back his officers, he ain't even gonna give them a fair shake...
    As I said above, I don't mind the guy dismissing the officer after an internal and if it appeared the officer jumped to soon, but to knuckle under to media pressure is chicken shit.

Y'all are as emotional as a flock of females. And the little one in high heels needs a midol.

BKB

Bite me, Lawdawg.

BKB
    Heck, I've lost track of who has the official Good Hunting Bite Me stool right now. Seems Eddie had it last. (?)

tallstool4.jpg

Bite me, Lawdawg. BKB
    Why do you do that?
    Over analyze everything like this.
    The facts are as simple as I stated above.
    Kids need to be taught there are rules and consequences for breaking those rules. I mean life ain't Burger King, you don't always get it your way.
    You asked to get your ass removed, you get it removed and guess what? It's YOUR fault...

It's totally understandable ... she should have been ripped a new asshole by her parents when she got home ... but nooooo, the first thing they do is call an attorney. It's no wonder she's a punk-assed little bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Why do you do that?
    Over analyze everything like this.
    The facts are as simple as I stated above.
    Kids need to be taught there are rules and consequences for breaking those rules. I mean life ain't Burger King, you don't always get it your way.
    You asked to get your ass removed, you get it removed and guess what? It's YOUR fault...
    Overanalyze? Moi? Au contraire, Moose Breath. Seems to me the sheriff did what he had to do because he knew what was right. you're quick to give the officer the benefit of the doubt and the sheriff gets zip, nada, zero, zilch. You're gonna feel like shit when the facts come out.

And you asked what kind of plan my plan was? The same one that's been used in our public schools every day since they were built. If we've now reached the point where an armed policeman is requred to enforce discipline in our schools then we really really really have deeper issue than this little idiot getting thrown about. You seem to think that's a no brainer. (and you're being a tad disdainful to tell the truth, and maybe even Elitist).
    I don't.

So go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut, copper.
    And then bite me.

BKB

Y'all are as emotional as a flock of females. And the little one in high heels needs a midol. BKB
    Posty your the one taking the little emotional roll on this one. Feeling all sorry for the poor little misunderstood girl, being all mistreated by the big bad police.
    The rest of us are totally unemotional and factual.
    She asked to get her ass kicked, she got her ass kicked and the WHOLE situation was 100% HER fault and in her control.

And you asked what kind of plan my plan was? The same one that's been used in our public schools every day since they were built. If we've now reached the point where an armed policeman is requred to enforce discipline in our schools then we really really really have deeper issue than this little idiot getting thrown about. You seem to think that's a no brainer.

BKB
    But it obviously has. Teachers can't touch students... and ... you still haven't said how *you* would have handled the situation?
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Barry, I agree, we should let this one sit. story will change accordingly, all I want to see are the videos on their entirely, not just the officer slamming the kid.

That sheriff showed he is willing to throw his deputies in the fire so he can come out unscathed for next election.... He pretty much said the officer was fired because he did not agree on how he enforced the law, not the correct technique, I wonder if it was his butt there being punched if he would act any differently. He's probably been out of any real action in forever...

But it obviously has. Teachers can't touch students... and ... you still haven't said how *you* would have handled the situation?
    Of course, one caveat is 'with what we know today', the second is I am just giving you a 'here's what I think and I don't have a clue as to what they have listed in their handbooks. I think the appropriate steps would be:

1. When the principal came to the room and he should have told the student to go to his office. If the student refused, then the principal needed inform the student he was referring the matter to the police.
    2. He should then clear the classroom and immediately attempt to call the parents or whatever they have for an emergency contact leaving at least two teachers in the class with student.
    3. If the parents can be contacted, then the police should wait to enter the room with the parents when they arrive. Then if the student still refuses to leave the police can arrest the student for whatever crime has been committed and the police should release the student to the parent's custody. But they should have the parents take responsibility for her as soon as possible.
    4. The little asshole should be suspended forever from that school system.

That's the way
    i would want my kids handled. At no time should a cop EVER put hands on ANYONE like that unless there is an arrest.
    BKB

Damn what world are you living in.... Right remove all the other students, and do what with them? bring the parents in so you can see WHERE she got that asshole attitude to start with. Now you will need more police because not only with the gal not leave, now her parents won't leave. Or they try to whoop the police when the police start to remove the girl.
    You really don't have a clue do you?
    Boy I can tell you have lived in a ivory tower too long.
    And you say that's the way you would want you children treated. Are you telling me you raised a child that would not have left when the teacher told them too?

Of course not. My kids knew they'd get their asses in trouble if they did somethng like that.

And yep, I that should be the process. And I think it beats Dodge Fucking City that you're proposing there Mr Dillon.

BKB

Then if the student still refuses to leave the police can arrest the student for whatever crime has been committed and the police should release the student to the parent's custody.
    BKB
    So it still comes down to this... Just takes longer..

Of course not. My kids knew they'd get their asses in trouble if they did somethng like that. And yep, I that should be the process. And I think it beats Dodge Fucking City that you're proposing there Mr Dillon. BKB
    Well there you have it, you been around people and raised children that know the difference between right and wrong.
    I've spent a lifetime dealing with people that didn't get that memo.
    That's the difference, you don't know that group of folks and the difficulties associated with dealing with them.
    I have it on good authority you are an elitist
    And one comment you made: "You're gonna feel like shit when the facts come out." Is just another fine example of how wrong you can be. I can assure you that is not going to be the case.

So it still comes down to this... Just takes longer..
    Bingo and now you got at least one parent that has the SAME attitude to deal with.