Thread: Trip report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh, ok, that's what you were talking about in your first post then. I guess the name multi-flora rose kinda threw me and I picture some sort of wild rose (which I've dealt with also). Does the multi-flora rose ever bloom? If so, I've never witnessed that stage, but now I can TOTALLY relate, I just never knew what it was called. That has to be the nastiest stuff I've ever dealt with. The worst part about the thorns, they're angled down so that they grab on like fish hooks ... and they DO NOT break off ... they just rip and tear!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Oh, ok, that's what you were talking about in your first post then. I guess the name multi-flora rose kinda threw me and I picture some sort of wild rose (which I've dealt with also). Does the multi-flora rose ever bloom? If so, I've never witnessed that stage, but now I can TOTALLY relate, I just never knew what it was called. That has to be the nastiest stuff I've ever dealt with. The worst part about the thorns, they're angled down so that they grab on like fish hooks ... and they DO NOT break off ... they just rip and tear!
    Yep - it's absolutely beautiful.. thousands (and millions) of little white blossoms.. but as you, I and Barry have discovered.. it's pretty hard to appreciate.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    Yep - it's absolutely beautiful.. thousands (and millions) of little white blossoms.. but as you, I and Barry have discovered.. it's pretty hard to appreciate.
    especially when you're sitting in a gentle rain skipping down the trail.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.