Thread: Never call her a liar.....

Never call her a liar.....

I should have learned by now, never call Sandy a liar....even with most of the green leaves still on our trees, I just had to get in the woods with Sandy, this morning....she treed 6 squirrels, two reds and 4 blackies....I seldom shoot those because I want them to propogate.

I called Sandy a liar on two of the trees, but after a long wait, both squirrels finally showed themselves.....I put these two reds, both young males, in the freezer for squirrel and dumplings, when cold weather gets here.

We put in about 3 miles in four hours of walking, and we are both plum tuckered out....but, in a good way.

She's a little over 9 years old, now, but hasn't slowed up nearly as much as I have.

I don't have the photo skills of Hide, but it is what it is.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-02-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Our most common squirrel are the all blacks. We get visitors from other parts of the US and you'd think they saw Big Foot when they see their first black.
    Hey Big Muddy are you over the drought yet ?
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Our most common squirrel are the all blacks. We get visitors from other parts of the US and you'd think they saw Big Foot when they see their first black.
    Hey Big Muddy are you over the drought yet ?
    Yes, JB....it took 120 days to break it, but it is over....6-1/4 inches 10 days ago, over a 4 day period, from that messican hurricane, Patricia....then, another 3/4 inch this past weekend.

It was unbelievable, how fast all of it soaked into the soil.

Thanks for asking.
    Southern Gentleman

Good shooting!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    ML hunting at the farm, it was so dry.......and the squirrels were so numerous.....that you couldn't hear anything but squirrels in the leaves. Hoping it's better on 11/14.

I've seen Jerry's black ones. Maybe some day he can come down here and see ours!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

We have had over 4 inches of rain just today. Flooding again!
    From famine to feast
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Dumplins tonight!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Lookin' Good! I wish you lived closer.. I need a buddy with a squirrel/coon dog - and one with beagles .. and one with bird dogs.. and a nice boat.. and a liquor store.. Congrats!
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    We have had over 4 inches of rain just today. Flooding again! From famine to feast
    How'd your set up down in the Peedee holdup after the water sent down? I don't think u ever heard.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Only the shed survived. The 300 gallon minnow tank and chiller system l, table and chairs all went down river. The little bushhogging tractor was OK.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Only the shed survived. The 300 gallon minnow tank and chiller system l, table and chairs all went down river. The little bushhogging tractor was OK.
    At least if it is deep enough it will make for good fish attractors....

You sure those aren't Fox squirrels? We call reds that are half that size.

Yep, Fido, these are in fact fox squirrels....it's just a local terminology thing....we just call 'em either reds or blackies or grays, in my neck of the woods.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Thinkin' Ed needs to be a Squirrel Monitor:

http://www.projectsquirrel.org/faq.shtml
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Thinkin' Ed needs to be a Squirrel Monitor:

http://www.projectsquirrel.org/faq.shtml

Nope, can't do it....your link refers to their scientific name, "Sciurus niger", and I don't wanna be accused of being racist, and saying the "N" word.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    A racist in Mississippi? Perish the thought
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    A racist in Mississippi? Perish the thought
    Hee hee hee hee.
    Southern Gentleman

Ha ha ha! Boy did I get an "education" shortly after moving to Mississippi! I was working (after school, Saturdays and summers) at a Cadillac/Buick/Pontiac/GMC (and later took on Opal) dealership. I was first approached by a fellow employee to join the KKK. Of course I'd HEARD of the KKK, but never thought I'd actually work/live in the midst of actual members! I thought it was just one of those obscure thingies you'd see mentioned on the news from time to time. Oh well.

Not long after that, I was asked by another employee if I wanted to join the John Birch Society. WTF? I was clueless and "thought" it was some sort of "bird watching club"! (I assume I was confusing it with the Audubon Society) When I asked for details, I received a real education! I began to wonder what sort of new world I'd moved to! Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Mississippi ... the wimmins were HOT and I probably had more fun there than anywhere I've ever lived.

BUT ... the KKK?? John Birch Society?? Heck, this was 1967 and I was only 15 years old!!!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain