We have about a thousand resident canadian geese here in my town we'll let you have!

Here's a Thump story for ya. There used to be a farmer here who had a couple of really big ponds just up the road from my house. and Oklahoma Natural Gas had built a big building on land they'd bought from the same family. There were a LOT of geese that nested on that property. Well, fast forward about a dozen years and that land has since been developed into a shopping center. (they call it progress, I call it a bunch of frigging concrete we don't need) Nobody told the geese they couldn't nest there. There must be some really strong instincts in geese to return to the place they were born because every spring now there's a buttload of geese nesting in the parking lots and storefronts in that shopping center. There's some volunteer groups that relocate the ones they can every year.
All of the open pasture and water has been developed where they used to nest. But they seem to not be bothered by it. There's still thousands around that stay all year.

BKB