Big Muddy, most of the ground I have permission to hunt coyotes on is leased up during big game season. So I can't set foot on 90% of what I enjoy hunting coyotes on until the big game season ends on Nov 29th. I did go make a quick stand this morning, but I was also deer hunting at the same time. I passed up 4 bucks and didn't see or hear a single coyote. I can't decide if it's a blessing or a curse to be my age with a garage full of deer antlers. It really takes a good mule deer buck to get my attention anymore, and there aren't many that do. My bar for a whitetail is set MUCH lower but the whitetail population around here is still very low after winter kills and EHD outbreaks. With that said I just don't have the energy or drive to go every spare minute I have like I used to. Knowing that the kind of buck that would cause me to trip the trigger is so tough to find tends to lower my motivation. That and I'd rather hunt coyotes or fish anymore anydangway. I had kind of a crappy morning so maybe I'm just feeling negative. I managed to bust two pasture gates (on accident of course). The first gate just surprised me by popping loose from some of the gates posts while trying to close the gate. The second gate was super tight so I grabbed the top wire to pull on it to loosen it a little and the stinking top barbed wire snapped right in two in my hands! Telling land owners I messed up their gates is not my favorite thing to do. So I decided to say screw it to hunting this morning and went fishing. Didn't get a single bite on a fishing hole that always produces. So I'm sitting inside right now licking my wounds and debating going out this evening and giving it another try for deer...or is that more abuse...Weather forecast is for 20-28mph winds and 61 degrees by this evening. Totally sucky conditions, but I expect my odds will be better out in that wind and heat than home on the couch feeling sorry for myself. Although not significantly better odds. Strange one's luck can change from day to day. Yesterday was one of the best days I've had all year and today is in the crapper so far. Wish life didn't always feel obligated to cancel itself out sometimes.