If all one does is watch the news it's easy to get very discouraged with humanity in general. The truth of the matter is though, there are still a lot of really great people in this world. Last week I was texting back and fourth with a friend of mine from Washington state. We both share a passion for fishing and we were talking about what gear we use. I mentioned that I was using St. Croix rods for most of my fishing, but that sometime I'd like to try out GLoomis. I really like my St. Croix rods, but those GLoomis rods are pretty sweet albeit pretty darn expensive. (It's not like the St. Croix's are chump change.) I figured I'd likely buy a GLommis next spring. Anyway, there was a little pause in our text conversation and I didn't think anything about it. I figured he got busy with something. Anyway a little while later he texts me and says to keep an eye on my mail because there was two 8'6" fishing rods on there way to my house. One is a GLoomis and the other is a Lamiglas. I was blown away. I asked if they were on loan or to have, and if they were to have, "what did I owe him?" His reply: "You have given me plenty, I consider your friendship priceless." Of course that definitely goes both ways, as he is an excellent friend, and we have been friends for long time. I received the rods just a couple days ago and they were all I could ask for and more. I'm already putting a world class Montana fishing trip together for this friend. I figure it's the very least I could do. Bottom line, there are still people in this world that are good and can surprise you with their extreme generosity.