Thread: Youse dufes be good today.

Youse dufes be good today.

I gots ta' dump all the crap out'ta my truck and go swap it for my new one. I just called my salesman (at home) and told him I had no problem waiting until tomorrow if he wanted to enjoy his day off. He told me today is fine and to just give him a buzz when I'm ready, then he'll meet me there. So ... I may as well get'er done. For the past bazillion years, my normal routine with a new truck is to drive from the dealer to my favorite tint place (Tint Masters) and get the winders tinted. Lynn's off today, so I may put it off until tomorrow.

Later buttheads!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Be sure and drive in front of some store windows so you can admire yourself in your new wheels!

BKB

Man-o-man ... I've had a bazillion new vehicles over the years, but I've never failed to get excited about a new one. That new car smell is intoxicationg and I'm in love with my new truck! I feel like a teenager again, looking for any excuse to drive it someplace. You know ... like back in the day when Mom would say something like, "Oh darn, I forgot to buy dish soap when I went to the store." And you'd immediately come back with, I'LL GO FOR YA' MOM!!!

Oh yeah ... my salesman is Jamaican mon ... and when I took delivery, my Sirius radio was set on some Reggae station. The song playing as I drove out of the dealership was kinda cool, so I figured I'd finish listening to it before I changed stations. Dang! I really liked the next song also ... and the next ... and the next! I may just leave it there for a while. I've listened to the stuff before ... and don't dislike it, I just never spent that much time thinking about it. It may be just a mellow station ... not sure, but I think I'm kinda-sorta hooked ... at least for now.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Thumper, the name of that station is fittingly named "The joint". It's number 1 in my favorites.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing that on the read-out. I think I'll spend a bit of time on that station as it really hooked me and reeled me in.

When I was a kid, our mailbox was a half mile away, down on the county road. I started out having to ride my bike to get the mail. There was a BIG hill halfway to the mailbox and I could coast all the way there. The trip back wasn't so fun. At about 12 I started driving the tractor to the mailbox. By about 14 I was driving the truck. The mail never got missed on my watch as long as there was a vehicle involved.

BKB

And Thumper, where's the pics? What trim package? What motor?

WTF?

BkB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    He'll post some pics as soon as our resident ornery ginger posts pics of his...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    He'll post some pics as soon as our resident ornery ginger posts pics of his...
    BAM

I've posted pics of my hoopie before.

I just wanted to see what a Toyota Pimpmobile might look like. I'll bet it has curb feelers.

BKB

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Cap, I think it needs more pink.
    Southern Gentleman

Ya' know sumpin'? I just realized I ain't much of a car picture taker type. Of the bazillions of vehicles I've owned, I have no pics of them (except my little street racer I built back in the 60's). Heck, I've had two Corvettes and don't even have a pic them. I do have a pic of my Honda 4-wheeler loaded in the back of my old 2003 (?) 'Yota and I think some 4-wheelin' pics in California, Navada and Utah of my old '81 Toyota (my first 'Yota). Weird ... I do kinda wish I'd taken pics of a few of 'em ... or my old huntin' buggies even.

You never said what you got. 3.5 Atkinson they been touting?

BKB

Yessir. It's either that or the 4-banger. Just had the winders tinted today and it looks slick. I think I fall a little deeper in love with it every day. Tomorrow I'll break her in on a few estate sales and let 'er haul some junk.