This is the weekly program on PBS that our state wildlife department produces. My old friend Mallard Fillmore is the guy with the ZZTop beard. He's the Water Commissioner in our hometown and they are working with the town that bult this lake on some water quality issues they are having. The scientist they are working with, Steve Patterson, is my old high school girlfriend's brother. Smart guy and a good guy too.
I just thought it was cool as hell that they were both featured in this episode.

I was back home this weekend visiting my parents and dropped in on Mallard and his wife last night. Of course the whiskey flowed like honeydew vine water , the talk flowed like a river, and somewhere about three am somebody said something about 'drunker than a peach orchard boar' and we called it a night. A good visit with one of those lifetime friends where you sit down after a year and it seems like the conversation just picks up where you last left it. And his wife is beautiful and another lifelong friend and that don't hurt.

bkb