This year I planted Lynx winter peas in my wildlife food plots and they are on em heavy. The Lynx pea suppose to be more palatable and sweeter than the Australian winter pea that I normally plant. It also fixes its own nitrogen and thus is a good soil builder. The way they are eating them I will be putting them in for years to come. I also put them in the big grain drill and drilled them in the pastures with oats and rye so I've got about 200 acres of mixed, oats, fescue, Lynx winter peas, clover, rye, and rape. The cows are enjoying the mix also. That and the 100 plus acres of very heavy oak acorns mast this year has really held the deer on the farm this year.
The food is holding the does. We are seeing does my the tons about every time we hunt, and the does are the draw for the bucks.
Lots of work but is paying off well. Now if just some of you dufes would come hunt with me. I think I'm pretty much done for this year. I going to spend the rest of the year trying to get a deer for my niece, she don't care if it's a buck or doe she just wants to shoot a "deer".