Thread: Hey Posthole

Hey Posthole

We got a big shipment of Whooper Ploppers in at work and I picked up 6 in all different colors. They are 13 bucks each here. Don't know if you have found any around your area yet or not. Deer season is over with in about a week here (thank God) and I'm ready to give these a try. image-2439053462.jpg If you need some I'll be back Wednesday and I'd be glad to pick you up some and Mail em out. Just let me know color.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    looks like an old river runt crossed with a Hawaiian wiggler
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

That little single blade prop in back is what makes it irresitable I guess, QA.

i haven't had time to turn around lately Captain. I'll look here at Academy and see what they want for them if they have them.

BKb

I use worms.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    How deep does that run? It looks like something I could catch a big old brown with.

It's actually a floating top water like a devilhorse, but it has a prop on the back where it will act like a top water lunker-lure if you crank it. The difference being you can start and stop it where you cannot stop a lunker-lure. They Are killing bass on this plug around here during this warm snap. They sell as fast as we get them in. I just got lucky and found some just as they were put out for sale. Figured I have spent more on less so I'd give them a try.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

The original Whopper Plopper was invented by Larry Dahlberg and is a much bigger model made to catch muskie. He started making a smaller version for Wolf fish in Surinam and an even smaller one caught on for bass. There's a video on his website that shows him building the mold and hand pouring the very first ones. Its pretty cool what that guy creates down n his basement.BKB

I wonder if river bronzebacks would slam that thing. Sure seems like they would.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    y'all ever tried a mepps minnow?...jack fish on the south edisto river love em! (black water river)

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I wonder if river bronzebacks would slam that thing. Sure seems like they would.
    I want to try them on Canuck smallies next summer and Oklahma bass soon as I can find one to fish with.

BKb

Posty, I bought the size 90. They did have a bigger one but the 90 seemed to be right for bass. The one l like the most is the Munky Butt, or the Loon color pattern.

Captain, I tied that Plopper on while Keith and I were fishing last week just to see what kind of action it had. Pretty unusual! I plan to spend a bunch of time educatin' a whole bunch of bass on those things when the weather warms up this spring.

BKB

You will like it. They are killing fish on them here in the spring. Last year was a mad house trying to find one.
    I really like the action and the way you can use it like a lunker lure or stop it like a broke back or devil horse.
    Good luck! Rent one to Keith.