Thread: Bucky, your spring fishing is screwed!!!....

Bucky, your spring fishing is screwed!!!....

Within two weeks, the MS River is gonna be dang near the flood stages of the horrific flood of 2011....and, there's even more up stream rains, being predicted....I imagine the Toad Suck lock/dam is plum full, right now.

People along the river, down here, are already moving out, and our DOW has already closed all hunting in the counties adjacent to the river, from Memphis to Natchez, except for duck hunting.

We suffered thru 3 major floods, but that 2011 flood is what prompted me to sell off my property at Lake Whittington, and purchase the Chicot lakehouse....best decision I ever made. !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    For the 3rd straight year, I was JUST telling Jeannie.............I won't be able to fish till July..........

dang! Get time to fish, and nowhere to go.

Toad Suck is 8 feet above flood..........causing major damage. Every backup river is ..........backed up.........for months. Lakes will overflow. Nothing hurts fishing like too much water.

I need to move.

Edit. Wrong, it's just now hitting flood stage and should be 6 feet above it by Wednesday. Still bad. Intellicast website mentions the subdivision across the road from me as about to flood.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 12-28-2015 at 03:15 PM.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Make you feel better.. I've dumped not quite 3" of rain in the past week.. raining and freezing as we speak.. Won't dump much more for the next couple weeks. Supposed to freeze up and stay that way.. You're welcome..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Hey. Wind don't stop ya from fishing over ice!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Supposed to have 2 single-digit nites in a row Thurs and Fri - highs of 19.. I'd guess by the weekend for sure,,
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

U.S. Constitution allows free movement and travel between all States.

Just making sure you're aware of that.

I've always preferred to fish in the water. Seems like I catch a lot more fish there.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I've always preferred to fish in the water. Seems like I catch a lot more fish there.
    This is why we all look up to you so much.............

Well, come to Arkansas.........if water is where you catch fish, you should be able to catch a LOT of fish since there's LOTS of water!

Weather the last few years is either flooding, or famine-dry! Whazzup with all that?

Sure wish I had someone to teach me the honey holes on those S.E. Arkansas lakes that aren't flooded...........man.

sigh

If you would get your ass off them big lakes and rivers and find a farmer somewhere with some 15 to 20 acre lakes you would not only catch more fish but you would enjoy it more.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Heck, it's still December!!!....no telling what's gonna happen, this year....normally, this time of year, the MS River is fairly low, and can handle the upcoming normal spring rains and northern thaw....if the levee breaks at Greenville, even my azz-is-grass at Chicot!!!

The NOAA Flood Center has dramatically increased their river flood stage predictions three times in the past 24 hours....that's unheard of and nearly epic!!!

Really, the best thing that could happen, right now, is for every thing along the MS River from Cairo, Ill. and north, to freeze and completely lock-up....this would allow the river from Cairo and down south to drain.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-28-2015 at 04:54 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Bucky, what s this going to do to the White and Norfolk? I have a fishing trip scheduled for February 1st near Cotter.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

5 weeks a long time Trav......but I expect river flooding for some time. If you need a url for river flow, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    U.S. Constitution allows free movement and travel between all States.

Just making sure you're aware of that.
    mm hmmm...

We'll struggle by...

Dang Hide, that looks like some hard water you fishing on!

I love crappie. But Geez man. I couldn't take my gloves off to fish!

Here's the reason more flooding is predicted:

image.jpg
    Southern Gentleman