Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BakFlip F1 Bed Cover if anyone is interested

Whatever. I'm out.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I sort of rest my case, then.

I've treated you well and respected you as long as I've known you. When I have a question about mechanical stuff, cars, I lean on what you say. When I needed VA help, I went to you, and you helped...... When you came out of the coma and needed a PC, we got together and I got it and sent it to you.........using about 1/3 of it out my pocket. I knew it'd be important for you. I even made sure it had Office on it cause I figured you might need that stuff to keep track of stuff and send out resumes, etc. I've not called you a pumphead, not once. But you really have jumped my ass at every chance. Others notice it too. I don't know why. Maybe it goes back to the atheist stuff. That is truly the only thing I can think of.

I should 'be out' too, but I'm trying here. I just don't get it. There really is more than meets the eye. But it's up to you.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Evidently you missed my whole point. I've said we are ALL friends here. BEING a Pumphead is what bothers me, the physical effects, NOT being CALLED a Pumphead. Especially here where I know it's coming from friends and it's all in fun. It's like it may bother Cappy to be 4-1/2' tall, but he takes the joking in stride here because he knows he's well liked and highly respected. If some a-hole on the street calls him a sawed-off runt, he'd probably give 'em a karate chop in the kneecaps!

After repeated attempts to insure you that you're among friends here, I get the feeling you're just not happy unless you get to run around hollering "the sky is falling"! Like Linus or whatever his name is on Peanuts where there's always a dark cloud hanging over his head. It gets old, it really does. It reminds me of Sunshine. I love her to death and we've been close friends for many years. We still text regularly. But I have to admit it got really old walking on eggshells around her totally afraid of accidentally quoting her or saying the "wrong" thing to set her off.

Enough is enough. Sheesh, this frigging thread started out about your mentioning listing your bed cover on eBay and all I did was point out the negative aspects to that and suggested much better and easier options. How that all got twisted into you being persecuted, and picked on, I'll never know. Enough already, dang! It's getting to be like Sunshine, people have to walk on eggshells around you these days. I'm going to bed. I'm old.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Can't we all just get along?��

This is going to be my only post on this. I totally get what both of you are saying and agree that we're all friends here and bust each other chops accordingly. But, at the point your friend tells you he doesn't like it you stop. That's what friends do.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Wow, hadn't even looked at this thread for a couple days. Buckrub if my intent was to tick you off, I am more than capable of doing so intentionally. If you were offended, you took it the wrong way. I was just saying you have unfortunate luck like no one I've ever seen. Craigslist has worked well for many of us here, and I guaran-darn-tee you if it will go sideways for a regular on this site, odds are, it will be you. I honestly meant what I said, when I said proceed with caution. If I had your luck I'd be super cautious, but not to the point of not giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Can't we all just get along?��

This is going to be my only post on this. I totally get what both of you are saying and agree that we're all friends here and bust each other chops accordingly. But, at the point your friend tells you he doesn't like it you stop. That's what friends do.
    I agree with you to a point CD. But if the goal post keeps moving, it's hard to tell where the line is at times. Bucky can throw jabs, but it's in fun and is usually understood to be just that, fun. That's why I brought up the example with Sunshine. We all knew she didn't like being quoted, but it would happen at times. Although there was never any ill intent, she'd explode and everyone ended up always having to tip-toe around for fear of offending her. Then Airbud, being relatively new here, threw a jab and she went ballistic. It finally reached the point everyone was disgusted with always having to be so careful with what was said/written, many just said "fuck it" and continued on as usual. Sunny got pissed, picked up her toys and went home. To HER ... we were going over the line and "picking on her". To US, the whole thing was ridiculous and tiring. For the life of me, I can't see where this particular thread got so sidetracked.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    This. It's what friends do. Plain and simple.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    This. It's what friends do. Plain and simple.
    Bingo...
    Some dish it out better than they take it and some take it as well as they dish it out.
    And with just typing and without the spoken word here to hear "reflection" in someone's voice it hard sometimes to tell which way something was meant.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    How bout that Crimson Tide huh?

I think thru the years that there has been some nastiness disguised as humor passed around but on the other hand, I think each of the members here would jump thru hoops to help any of the others. Just one big dysfunctional family of total strangers for the most part. Except me, not real sure where I fit in anywhere.

Like Louis Lamour said, " you step on one Sackett's toes and they all holler"
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Bingo...
    Some dish it out better than they take it and some take it as well as they dish it out.
    And with just typing and without the spoken word here to hear "reflection" in someone's voice it hard sometimes to tell which way something was meant.
    I think that's "inflection" you nimrod.

Oooops! I hope I didn't offend you with the nimrod comment ... it was all in jest!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Oooops! I hope I didn't offend you with the nimrod comment ... it was all in jest!
    Don't know that I will ever get over it. And Im gonna pull a Sunny and blame it to Autocorrect.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

"""""Sunny got pissed, picked up her toys and went home. To HER ... we were going over the line and "picking on her". To US, the whole thing was ridiculous and tiring."""""

I just suddenly had an urge to quote somebody.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-13-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    """""Sunny got pissed, picked up her toys and went home. To HER ... we were going over the line and "picking on her". To US, the whole thing was ridiculous and tiring."""""

I just suddenly had an urge to quote somebody.
    Don't do it BM, you know what happens if you do.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Well Bucky, hitch up that new big ass 5th wheel and head north, I'll treat you like a white man up here.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Well Bucky, hitch up that new big ass 5th wheel and head north, I'll treat you like a white man up here.
    Well........I gotta go north to get it........Hamilton, OH most likely. But you can bet you are ON MY LIST to visit (be prepared!!)
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

That's just north of Cincinnati, so you're only about 450 miles away, should take about 8 hours.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Yeah........but I might go get it in a few weeks.........and it doesn't have snowmobile tracks to get further north.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Yeah........but I might go get it in a few weeks.........and it doesn't have snowmobile tracks to get further north.
    Where's you sense of adventure. (Said Jokingly)

Ya, you may just want to wait about 5 more months till all the snow is gone.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I'm close to the half-way point between there and JB. Stop by when you make that trip.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    So what kind of 5th wheel are you looking at?

Cedar Creek 34RE
    Montana 3000RE
    Silverback 33IK
    similar......still looking

The deal with Ohio..........we went there last year and met with them. Believe it or not, they are over $28,000 cheaper than dealer here in town. That's too much to not drive 8 hours.

Wow Bucky... that Cedar Creek rig is NICE. I can see how that sort of thing will continue to escalate
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

We bought the 'starter' rig and it is fine.........but.......it is made for sleeping about 8-9 folks (if one is small), and has zero living area. "We" (read: the wife) thought we'd visit grandkids and take them camping, etc. That didn't/doesn't happen.....when we see them, we sleep in their house (duh). So when we go camping, if it rains, or it's late at night, there's nowhere to sit. The house is soon to be paid off, and I'm sick and old and probably won't live long (ha) so why not finance something we want?

That's big enough to park in Thump's driveway for the winter.

No cats near it please.

And this is nowhere near a done deal.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    All nice units, fer sure and a good fit for your truck. Just keep an eye on the hitch weights as some 5'ers can be pretty heavy. Good luck and good shopping.