Thread: Politics Suck So...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Politics Suck So...

I've watched every debate until last night. I just can't take anymore of the nonsense that is going on. Heck, 95% of high school debates are more mature with more validity than what is going on anymore in national politics. In fact, I'm not watching any more debates and will just vote against whoever is running for the democratic ticket in November. Basically voting by way of knowing who I won't vote for. With that said, to heck with the debates, politics, and politicians in general, I'M GOING FISHING.

I had my friend Trevor Johnson at Kit's Tackle tie me up a new custom marabou jig. I couldn't wait to try it out. On the third cast I landed this little wild rainbow. None of the fish in this creek are planted and it's all natural reproduction.

I went on to catch 3 or 4 more browns just like this one below. He's around 14".

Towards the end of the evening I had a location on the creek I wanted to try and reach before dark. It is a very difficult spot surround by willows that go right down into the water. Beavers have created several dams and the water is deep. The beavers have also cut many of the willows off and they look exactly like punji sticks. One slip and they would act like punji sticks and it would be a nasty injury. So one has to be super careful navigating this section of the creek. One my second cast I felt some seriously solid on the other end of my line. Now keep in perspective I'm fishing a tiny creek that in most places I can jump across. The battle ensued and what a great battle it was. The fish kept digging for deep water. He made 3 hard runs before I got him near the bank. When I got him close to the bank he ran for tree roots or any brush he could find in the water. I really had to horse him and was just praying my line wouldn't snap. Finally I was able to slip him up the steep grassy bank. I took a quick photo with my phone, measured him, and slipped him right back in the water. He was a nice solid 19" right on the money. To say the least I'm very happy with this new marabou jig pattern and I expect I'll land quite a few more fish with it before I wear them all out. Stay tuned.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Very cool.. I used to use marabou extensively - but I now lean more to rabbit Zonker Strips.. Same kind of action and much more durable. Not as important on trout but "warm water" fish are usually more numerous and, especially hard-mouthed bluegill, tend to be hard on flies. Beautiful fish - congrats..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    The magic jig.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I very much like black and red - (yeah, I know all about the "red becomes black" thing) I still use a lot of it. Good looking jig..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Very nice Big Sky!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!