Thread: Hidehunter

Hidehunter

What weight fly rod is this?

And do you wear those dickies that come up to above your ears when you fish?

BKB

image.jpg

What fly rod????
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

If that's her boyfriend, he's a dumbazz....he's in the back of the boat, with his back turned, pushing a day'um stick in the mud.

Most guys would already have given her carpet burns all over her butt and bowed legs, and she dang sure wouldn't be standing up....just saying.
    Southern Gentleman

I dont find her too hot however, when I am fishing, I AM FISHING.... Anything can happen afterwards....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    If that's her boyfriend, he's a dumbazz....he's in the back of the boat, with his back turned, pushing a day'um stick in the mud.

Unless he's double-jointed, you just lost 20 points from your noticer status.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    And do you wear those dickies that come up to above your ears when you fish?BKB

image.jpg

With that South Carolina registration (extra noticer points?), that may be Cappy flying incognito.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Unless he's double-jointed, you just lost 20 points from your noticer status.
    I blew up the pic, and he STILL looks bassackerds to me....but, I could be wrong.
    Southern Gentleman

Sorry brother Muddy, that guy is facing forward and has on a ball cap and sun gaiter. All the guys on the coast especially the guides are wearing them now. Hell I've even got one. You would be surprised how cool they keep ya.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Well, he's still a dumbazz.

And Nandy doesn't think she's hot....he might be ac/dc.
    Southern Gentleman

Yep. But a protected dumbass....
    He's a safety man.
    If you fish off shore much you need one of those.

image-4004972854.jpg
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

A speckled trout! Used to catch those in the mangroves down in Tampa and St Pete. Those vampires are good eaters.

BKB

They are fun. We catch them by the tons inshore in NC while I'm out there duck hunting and down near Gerogetown SC also. Fun little fighters.

Ha, guess I'll just stick to catfish, crappie fishing, and frog gigging....speaking of which, frog season opens in a few weeks.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I'd say it's at least an 8.. (M'gawd... look at the legs on that thing.. come clear up to her butt, as they say.. ) Most of the water I fish is so muddy I don't need a mask.. Now back when I was younger, and some of my permission was a bit "cloudy", it might have come in handy....
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    BBP - I'm guessing the fine looking fisherman in the front of the boat is not his wife, hence the mummy look so he doesn't get caught bragging to his buddies about his new fishing partner.

Thats the best one yet, Bwana. At least it makes the most sense!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Ha, guess I'll just stick to catfish, crappie fishing, and frog gigging....speaking of which, frog season opens in a few weeks.
    A season for frogs? Well, I swan...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

That may be Cappy on the back of that boat. Obviously he ain't fishing. If he were fishing, he'd simply remove the mask so he can ugly 'em to death. Works kinda like the safety on his gun when he hunts. Same principle.

This frog season thing made me curious and I checked. I haven't been frogging since I was in high school and went with my favorite Uncle Bill. To my shock, there's not only a season there's a bag limit. Man, the only time we stopped was when the burlap sack got full or our arms got sore.

Same here CD. As kids, my buddy and I went almost every Friday and Saturday night ... same deal, we'd go anytime we felt like it and would almost always fill a burlap sack with 'em. We'd hit the local lakes usually, but we'd make a KILLING on the ponds at the local golf courses! I probably haven't been frog gigging (as we referred to it) since Jr. H/S. To be honest, I have no clue if there was a season or bag limit back then, and I don't know if we have one now. Like you, I'm curious and will check into it. (not that I have any plans to go gigging anytime soon)

Well, I guess I wasn't a scofflaw as a kid after all. (from the Fla. Fish & Game website)

What regulations apply to frogs?

There are no seasons, bag or size limits for frogs and a recreational license is not needed. To sell frogs or take frogs to sell, a commercial fish dealers license is required.

I'm glad I don't live in a Communist state.

Man, you're lucky not to be sicker than you are eating stuff out of a golf course pond back in those days. Lord only knows what kind of stuff drained into them. I literally, remember losing track at 200 or so when we were cleaning them. The limit now in Delaware where my uncle lived is 24 and the limit here in Va is only 15!

Heck, back then we even SWAM in the lakes and ponds!

Nope, never got sick and to be honest, back in those days we never even thought about things like pollution of any sort. The "uniform of the day" was shorts ... that's it, no shirt, no shoes ... just shorts. We'd ride bikes, play ball, hike, whatever ... then jump in the nearest lake to cool off when needed. Heck, lakes are never more that 5 minutes apart down here. As kids, we'd just splash water at the gators if they got too close! (I'm older and wiser now and prefer the pool these days)

I used to do a ton of it also. Years ago our frogs and crawdads began to disappear.. Probably chemicals - don't know what else it would be. A few years ago frogs made a little comeback. I found a couple ponds that had a bunch so son and SIL and I decided we'd get a mess. My adopted granddaughter (14 and a city girl) ask if she could go. I warned her about bugs, heat, mud, blood and gore. She wanted to go. I came up with a pair of old tennis shoes and we dug through the rag bag for clothes. I need not have worried. Took to it like a duck to water.

Kiddingly I told her.. You gigged them all. You have to clean them. I need not have worried.

She's graduating this year and headed for the National Guard. I think she'll be fine.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

It looks like you and her parents brought her up right. I think exposing kids to the natural world is one of the greatest gifts you can give them.

She's come a long way since she came into our lives at about 12. My son's step-daughter.

She's been exposed to bunch.

With a little supervision, she also recently put brakes on the front of my truck. She's no longer a cute little kid, but a beautiful young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    That may be Cappy on the back of that boat. Obviously he ain't fishing. If he were fishing, he'd simply remove the mask so he can ugly 'em to death. Works kinda like the safety on his gun when he hunts. Same principle.
    Bite me!