and because some of you might be interested, I post this.

Arkansas has encountered a massively serious problem with our cervid population. First one elk, then one deer, then another deer, and now...............

http://www.thv11.com/mb/sports/outdo...ansas/99460687

This is not just 19 out of a million. This is 19 out of 49 tested. No one knows where it came from, no one knows really what to do about it, and the Ark Game and Fish Commission is not sharing enough info or answering the really tough direct questions about it. But the bottom line is that this is very serious, and is the first foray of this terrible blight into this state, and from a national map review, it appears to be working its way south and east.

Hunting here just could be over............I doubt it's that drastic, but our AGFC is a crazy bunch, and who knows where we'll be in 6 months.

The political world is insane, and now my hunting world is possibly turned upside down. Can't fish for the floods, but that's temporary. I've sat in deer stands in our hot October and November weather and often thought "Why am I sitting here swatting wasps when I could be crappie fishing in 75 degree weather?"....... and now I may just get my chance.

At any rate, I felt there were some folks here that might want to know this and wouldn't find out in other ways.