Thread: Rainy morning bird.

Rainy morning bird.

Yes, a hunting post.
    Raining like cats and dogs. No time for a Niner or Bucky pose. Good bird worked just like you want them to! Really good morning...
    I hope this never gets "old"

image-3075101117.jpg
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Congrats dufe. I really miss turkey huntin'.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Nice!

I think the only thing getting old is you, my friend
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Well you can't get but so wet. Time for one Bucky pose and one Niner. image-3892551561.jpg

image-2306349169.jpg

Ain't that the truth LJ. And I hope I KEEP getting older too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Nice bird! (Have I mentioned I've never killed a turkey?)
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

What would a guy called "Chicken Dinner" do with a turkey anydamnway?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    First of all, congrats on a mighty fine bird Cappy!

Looks like that critter has a dandy beard on him. I think I've mentioned it here before but our birds don't seem to get beards as long as they do down south, I'm wondering if they wear them off in the snow? Either that or maybe our birds just have shorter legs...kind of like a lot of southern boys do.

Just curious, how far can you realistically knock down a turkey with that scoped shooting iron of yours?

Nice!

BKb

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Nice bird. Well one thing is for sure, if you keep living, you'll keep getting older. Heaven knows I feel it a little more every day.

Bwana, funny you should ask about distance. I got a little automatic lie about that. (Which just happens to be true) Six or 8 years ago I had this one Tom that would come to an area that I thought was about 80 yards to me and gobble and strut his butt off. But no matter what I tried he would NOT come any closer. I hunted him several times and each time he would get just out of shotgun range and stand gobble and strut but never come to me. I could not set up closer to him either. I tried decoys, gobbling back at him, everything I could think of and I could not get him to come close enough for a shot. On the morning of the last day just like clockwork he showed up giving me his usual "finger". I decided I would let him know I was there and shot at him and very much to my surprise he balled up and started flopping. The distance was so great I thought it impossible to have actually hit him so I ran over and stood on his neck till he died. I late took my range finder in there and ranged it at 66 yards. I would not take that shot and think with any certainly to take the bird. But that time it did. I like them to be within 40 yards normally.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    If you wuz shooting a good old super X like they made em 1975 with real lead, 66 yds wouldn't be no step
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I kilt one at about 70 yards with my 10.ga 3.5's and super full turkey choke.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775