I'm gonna try to make it as nice or nicer than the day it rolled off the assembly line... I hope anyway. There is one dent in the hood about the size of a softball but only about a half inch at the deepest place that might give me a little of a fit. I think I can get it to pop out without having to use any body filler. But I'll use it if I have to..
JB Dad really likes the old tractor. We had several of them and a Jubilee model coming up. One thing you had to remember with the 8N was it had a "live" PTO and if you were BushHoggin' and coming up on a pond or ditch or fence you had to give yourself PLENTY of room. With the live PTO even if you pushed in the clutch as long as the Blades on the cutter were still turning it was pushing the tractor forward on the transmission. So you could not stop until the blades wound down... There been a many a 8N, 2N and 9N driven off in a creek or pond.
Ford later made a "slip" PTO adapter for them you could add on to stop this problem. I have purchased one for old "Red Belly" as I've named her....
Took a day off today to deer hunt. It's just to cold to paint and use a pressure washer! :-)
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner