Thread: The 121212 concert fundraiser

The 121212 concert fundraiser

There sure have been some good performances on this thing. Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend are kickin some serious musical ass right now.

Wow. Pete Townsend drops the F bomb on stage at the end of their performance. The douchebag news anchor that is co-hosting the show said it was Keith Moon. Didn't he OD 30 some odd years ago?

My buddy Greg Smith played the bass for Billy Joel in that concert last night.
    Yea the announcer is a bit outdated on his Rock history!
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Bon Jovi kicked all their asses, including the Stones... who, in my opinion, should know when to say when. And when was about 15 years ago It was hard for me to watch Clapton, too. He's definitely lost a few steps in the last years. Hard to see one of my "guys" like that. Not sure how they're all aging and I'm still my same goodlookingself!

I guess each of them could look out at the audience and say "who are these geezers following me??" What goes around comes around!

Despite my critical review, it was a great show all around!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I kind of wish I'd watched it now. I've been watching all of the old SNL episodes starting with the very first ones, on Netflix. Its kind of addicting. Man, that show really sucked when it first started. I'd forgotten how bad it was until they hit their stride.
    BKB

I was watching it and Greg was texting me pictures from back stage...
    It was a pretty cool concert...
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I really enjoyed the Eddie Vetter/John Waters combo. They did a great job on the old Pink Floyd standards.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I can't beleive some of those guys are still alive. Maybe they are just preserved?????