Thread: Just Practicing for 12/21/12 (pic)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Just Practicing for 12/21/12 (pic)

I said that right after work on 12/21/12 I'm planning on trying to end the world for a local coyote or two. So I thought it appropriate to practice up yesterday after work on 12/12/12.

Pretty decent size coyote btw.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Lot bigger than the one I missed.
    Will try again tomorrow during opening day of ML
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Sure is a big critter there Troy! Your shootin iron looks just like my Ruger 77 in 22 Win mag. Laminate stock with a brush stainless finish. Put an aftermarket trigger on mine, breaks at 1lb. 14ozs. it's a real tack driver with Winchester Supreme's 34 Gr. hollow points.Do you have someone that takes the hides?

Fido, the biggest difference between this rifle and yours are one it has a medium weight bull barrel and a competition two-stage trigger. I really love the trigger on this thing and wish they would offer it as an option on all Rugers. If they did I'd own a lot more of them. I'd really like to get a Ruger like yours in a 17 Hornet.

I'm trying to get the hide selling sorted out. The local fur buyer kicked the bucket this spring and has all of us local fur collector's scrambling a little trying to find a good new buyer that we can trust. In the mean time my freezer is getting full!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Nice job Sky.. You guys have some pretty ones. Had one cross the road in front of me today. Bad mange. The three I have killed this year have all been clean. This one wasn't as bad as the "Chupacabra" I called in last year - but it was bad.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

HH, I've been pretty lucky and have not run across any mange out here in 5 years. Sure did see some nasty mange on the East side of the state a few years though.