Took my friend Frank who is a big farmer in these parts hunting yesterday. He farms over 20,000 acres in my SC farm area. We set up right before daylight on a gobbler on one of his farms and had him working nicely. Hammering at all my calls. Then a coyote or bobcat crossed the lane going to him and he shut up as I guess it spooked him off. We moved to another farm just across the line to NC and I made a call and fired one off. We hastily hid the truck and set up right on the side of the road. I got him so fired up he would gobble at my every call. He was on top of us but because of the thickness we could not see him. All of a sudden we heard him take off flying and he flew right to us landing within 10 yards of me. I stretched his neck out and Frank hammered him. One bird down.
We loaded him and headed back to a tract of land I have in SC that is a sand-land tract. We walked and called some and spotted a big Tom with 4 hens in the pastures. Frank told me you will never call him away from those Hens. I told him I didn't need to, all I needed to do was call the hens to me and he would follow. We set up and I started calling and about 30 minutes later be busted him! Both really great birds. image-3497638895.jpg

image-138981986.jpg