Thread: Well since this IS a hunting site...

Well since this IS a hunting site...

Took my friend Frank who is a big farmer in these parts hunting yesterday. He farms over 20,000 acres in my SC farm area. We set up right before daylight on a gobbler on one of his farms and had him working nicely. Hammering at all my calls. Then a coyote or bobcat crossed the lane going to him and he shut up as I guess it spooked him off. We moved to another farm just across the line to NC and I made a call and fired one off. We hastily hid the truck and set up right on the side of the road. I got him so fired up he would gobble at my every call. He was on top of us but because of the thickness we could not see him. All of a sudden we heard him take off flying and he flew right to us landing within 10 yards of me. I stretched his neck out and Frank hammered him. One bird down.
    We loaded him and headed back to a tract of land I have in SC that is a sand-land tract. We walked and called some and spotted a big Tom with 4 hens in the pastures. Frank told me you will never call him away from those Hens. I told him I didn't need to, all I needed to do was call the hens to me and he would follow. We set up and I started calling and about 30 minutes later be busted him! Both really great birds. image-3497638895.jpg

image-138981986.jpg
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

That's good stuff right there! Way to go to to the caller and the shooter!

Can't youse Carolinians come up with some original names? I know it was really tough naming the states North Carolina and South Carolina, but then you take your first pic in "Peachland". After that, you move the hunt to your "sand-land" tract for a pic in "Pageland"! You gonna be hunting Disneyland or Opryland next?

(oh yeah, NICE birds)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Good stuff and glad to see you up and about.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Thanks CD. I've tagged out myself and been calling for friends since. Bite me Thumperanator, I ain't taking grief from a man that lives in LakeLAND...
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Thanks CD. I've tagged out myself and been calling for friends since. Bite me Thumperanator, I ain't taking grief from a man that lives in LakeLAND...

Captain, I am of the opinion that Thumper oughta have points deducted for both Noticing and Shit Disturbing. He failed miserably on both counts.

Hell, Airbud is catching up to him and he ain't even here!

BKB

Agreed...
    Talking about missing the mark.
    I don't think he even got up to the plate on that poor attempt.

The cat picture must've upset him
    BKB

We have elebenty-bazillion lakes here and I even LIVE on a lake ... hence LAKEland!

How many pages do you have in Pageland? When's the last time "Pad" Gray had an orchard in Peachland?

Youse dufes are just jealous of my noticin' skills.

Weak tea, thumper. You are digging yourself in a deeper hole in noticer and SD points.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    If you ever could script a perfect day for me, that would be pretty darn close. I enjoyed reading that and seeing the end results. For it to be perfect, you'd have to throw in some quality fishing to top the day off.

Nice job Cap'n!

You're really quite ugly, though.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    You're really quite ugly, though.
    Now THAT should give you a major boost in noticer points. 'Course, even a beginning amateur would have no problem noticing THAT.

Well.

His camo don't match either.

BKB

And his buddy appears to be a turkey fucker. I had no idea that was a thing.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Weak tea, thumper. You are digging yourself in a deeper hole in noticer and SD points.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I see how you and the Lenster are. It seems to be the way youse weak dufes need to go these days.

With Trump ... it takes those bozos Cruz and Kasich to try holding him back.

With Thump ... it's youse two bozos.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I see how you and the Lenster are. It seems to be the way youse weak dufes need to go these days.

With Trump ... it takes those bozos Cruz and Kasich to try holding him back.

With Thump ... it's youse two bozos.
    I rest my case.

BKB

Bingo! Lenster ain't said a word on this thread. It's been me and Posty. Your noticer status is revoked until further notice. Of which had to be reinstated by the head noticer Posthole hisownself.... And since you called him LJ it might be awhile.

I just wanted to see if you losers were noticin'.

One thing I DID notice was six Ford wrenches in some old dude's garage this morning. But that's ok, I'll save 'em for a yard sale some day.

And we're just gonna let the turkey fucking go right by?

This is concerning to me.

Turkey fucking is a very personal topic here in Oklahoma. I'll let you liberal East Coasters sort that out among your selves in public.

BKB

We should prolly have a different bathroom for them as well. Don't wanna hurt nobodys feelings!