hotshot, I hope you didn't take that wrong. I had a doc where I took an online test and she said "Well, let's try this med". Got switched a few times. Period. I was never given ,more info or anything else, just told to take it once a day. When I raised my hand to my wife at the time (just raised my hand), I stopped. Because I do NOT do that. Never have. And I had to get control of myself again. Maybe a different doc or test would tell me other stuff. But that was it for me.

Now? The tools I used from an ADHD coach helped me get control of my issues. And I am a happy individual. If it came out as a shot at those that use it, or as me insulting others, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Interesting. I too have suffered from ADHD since childhood. Back then we just called it un-focused. Dang! I take a pill every morning.... I feel what life really should be like. I was given a long battery of tests, suggested several meds.... we tried a couple that didn't work, but I take one now that lets me be clear and focused like I have never been able to before.
I do think that the new synthetic drugs are seriously BAD NEWS! Kids that have taken that are hospitalized and brains permanately altered. Meth is really bad news. The paranoia, alone should be enough to stop someone.
I believe in doctors. Actually not all doctors. Some just prescribe a med and call the person treated. Mason's mom supposedly has a Vicadon (sp) issue. She keeps getting scrips. A person cannot carry on a conversation with her without her screaming.
The mental health care in this country has gone downhill fast- back to the Cuck-oo's nest mentality. Budget cuts that keep Indiana in the black, mean that we have the lowest alloted for our mental health institutions.
On that note- Why is there such a stigma on any mental health issue. A person tells you they have diabetes, you shrug your shoulders and don'toffer him or her any candy. A person says I sat down with a shrink, and he says I suffer from blah, blah blah..... suddenly there is a stigma.
Remember when the by died that I was giving CPR.... I did everything right, gave him every chance possible to live. Brought him back twice..... he didn't make it. I was fine. Then 6 months later- I just lost it. I blamed myself and sunk deep.... talked to my doctor. He refered me. a few sessions-no problems since. He did identify my ADHD.... I have had the best 10 yrs of my life since. Am I a responsible gun owner? Yup.
Lots of issues to sort out as a country. Gun control isn't the answer. Better contol of the guns that are in this world, yes- gotta find the way to keep any weapon out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. - much easier said than done.