I was out fishing last Saturday evening. I had just landed this really pretty male rainbow in all his spawning color glory. Just a couple of casts later my ultra light rod doubled over and I thought I'd hooked Moby Dick or something. Suddenly the water erupted and up came a muskrat. I'd hooked the poor little bugger right near the end of his tail. We had an epic battle for about 10 minutes on my ultra light until he finally got tired enough I was able to bring him to shore. I cautiously reached down with my forceps, grabbed the hooked and gave it a quick jerk. Fortunately the hooked popped right out, and I was glad the muskrat didn't spin around and try to bite me. The second he was free he jumped right back in the water, swam about 5 feet and dove into a hole in the bank that I hadn't noticed before. I actually felt a little bad as that couldn't have felt that good. However if you are a muskrat and you are going to get hooked, I suppose the tail is the best place. I had seen him swimming around while I was fishing and he had come fairly close a few times. I really hadn't paid that much attention to him as I was concentrating on fishing. Somehow he had slipped in unnoticed until my jig hook met his tail. The only other really odd thing I've ever hooked by accident is I once snagged a large dragon fly right out of the air. I'd like to say it was on purpose but it wasn't. I reeled it in, put it more securely on the hook and cast him back out. In less than a minute I caught a catfish on that dragon fly. I guess it just wasn't that bugs day.