Do not any of y'all remember the abuse I took from Buckrub when I posted here about going Shad fishing several years ago? I love the shad run up the river here and Hammerhead and I for many years would wade the river and catch them.
Bucky got on me once when I posted a picture here of them saying it was dumb to fish for trash fish. But I can tell you they are GREAT fun to hook up on. They are real fighters.
Getting back to Big Sky's story I had an owl come down and get my Herring while fishing for Stripers once and fought him while before he dropped the line, I actually hooked a beaver once on a tiny torpedo once and had him on for about 8 seconds until he broke the line.
We use to catch bullfrogs on a 4" rubber worm regularly. Some days we would get tons of them. But that was not an accident. We were actually fishing for them.
A buddy and I were fishing once and catching bass hand over fist, literally about every cast, we were using a small spinner bait with a minnow body instead of a skirt. I had a fish on and right beside the boat, he jumped and shook off the lure and as he was going back into the water my buddy was bringing in his lure and was within 4 or 5 feet of the side of them boat. When the fish hit the water we both watch as he charged and hit my buddies lure and he pulled him in the boat.