Here's your story. Many moons ago I took an April vacation strictly for bass fishing. High winds drove us off the lake so we decided to bank fish a pond instead. When we got there some kids were fishing and had several mutts running around. One of the dogs kept wanting to rear up on me and play so I popped him with the end of the casting rod. Apparently when you pop it hard enough it'll pull the hook thru a tequila sunrise worm. As luck would have it, I hook the mutt on the inside of the thigh. I let go of the rod to keep from embedding the hook any deeper but the dog headed home as hard as he could go with my casting rod and reel. I lit out after the dog and managed to get my knife out while sprinting which is no mean feat in itself. I finally got between the dog and the end of the line and slashed it. The dog never slowed down.

That isn't the end of the story tho, I jogged back to the pond and jumped a shallow ditch but landed in a dry cow track and rolled my ankle breaking a bone in the top of my foot and tearing up some ligaments in my ankle. Spent the rest of my vacation in a chair with my foot propped up. To this day I still have trouble with that ankle