Thread: I'm not trying to upstage ole Cap's tarpon trip, but.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fido View Post
    Just wondering what kind of set-up do you use for crappie fishing? Got an 84 acre private lake that has crappie and the owner has given me access tooo it.
    Fido, look at the middle pic in my initial post, where I'm holding my jig pole under my arm, next to the trolling motor.... you can see my little 9 ft. jig pole that I use....it weighs only about 3 ozs., when it's fully loaded with 8 lb. golden Stren....some folks down here, just use an 8 or 9 ft. fly rod....I prefer light uncomplicated rods and reels.

Here's pics of my favorite jig(#8 hook) and the rod/reel combo....I buy all my crappie stuff from Slater's Jigs in Indianola, MS....been doing business with them for 35 years....good reliable folks.

https://www.slatersjigs.com/crappie-...-jignpole.html

Attachment 7130

Attachment 7131
    Southern Gentleman

Thanks Ed, will give it a try as we are going tooo have some real decent weather this week!