Thread: The presidents speech

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

The presidents speech

Was excellent.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I thought so too.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Didn't listen to it, don't plan on it for the next four years. Glad you felt he finally had something good to say.

"""They interrupted the Patriots game to hear Pres. Obama pontificate. As many have pointed out, I don't need a lecture from a man who believes that a baby born alive, but intended to be aborted, should be left to die. Such a person has absolutely no moral authority to speak to this tragedy. And I for one will not listen to him exploit the situation for the political agenda of taking away the guns of law abiding citizens."""

Well stated, Bishop E.W. Jackson

He's a day'um hypocrite in my book....and, how the hell did he master the art of crying out of only one eye???
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Call it what you will but what I got out of is speech was if you want a gun in the nasty AR format or one capable of holding more then a handful of rounds you best buy it now.

My 16 year old even commented last night that he was surprised to hear the President quoting so much Scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    .......... the President quoting so much Scripture.

From which Bible???.....the Koran or the REAL ONE???
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    It amazes me that the same politicians who are screaming for gun contol over the death of 20 some kids, which is an absolute tragedy, are the same ones that so strongly support abortion which kills 1.2 MILLION kids a year!

The sad thing is, they don't see it that way.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Here's a big reason for all the crazy sheeit these kids are doing....

18814_308215195946239_1311344699_n[1].jpg
    Southern Gentleman

As part of our Geography course, I teach about the Bible, Qu'ran, and the Torah.
    Yes, it is primarily from a historical perspective, but there are life lessons in there.
    And Yet again, Indiana gets made fun of- a state senator from nearby is trying to force Creationism as part of the science curriculum.- he calls it Truth in Education....He's a nut job.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    He didn't quote scripture. He tried, but he misquoted some of it. Still, he tried. He didn't invoke Allah, at least. He said God was in control. I have no idea if he believes all that, I'd doubt it given his religious training and background, and his elitism. But he did say it, and he said it well. ANY President should have gone there and said something. In that, he did fine.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Dang! I started to make a ton of comments on different things said here ... but changed my mind. As far as the President's speech ... I think he did well. I seriously doubt he wrote it hisowndamnself but at least he read it well.

He IS a good reader.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

All he sees is a excuse to push his agenda. He is more evil than UBL.
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.