In the warmer states catching a big largemouth bass is probably fairly common, but in the northern states like Montana anything over 3 lbs gets a guy a little excited. Well at least it gets me excited and it doesn't happen that often for me. On Monday I caught my best Montana bass ever on a Firetiger marabou jig. I caught around 25 bass, but most were like the little one pictured at the bottom of this thread. They were mostly caught on a Rapala. However it has been my experience that while I may not catch large numbers of fish on marabou jigs (though sometimes I do), that generally I will catch bigger fish. I only caught one bass on the marabou, but I'll take him over a bucket full of little bass any day. Just look at that ratty old tail. His fins were pretty ratty looking too when I spread them out to look at them. This bass has a few years on him.

I didn't catch any other bass that were even close to the one above, the majority of the bass in this lake are stunted like this little buy below. Still fun to catch though.