I teamed up with a good friend of mine name Matt Piippo a couple days ago for a little fishing over on his side of Montana. We started off the day catching browns and cutthroats from a beautiful stream. Matt doesn't spend a ton of time fishing. We actually met through our common interest in predator hunting. In fact he is basically Les Johnson's right hand man from Predator Quest. Matt is also a big ol' boy, but has a solid gold heart twice the size of Montana, maybe bigger. All I know is we had a great time. Here are a few fish from the morning.

Me with a fat little brownie.

Matt with a chunky little cutthroat.

In the middle of the day we took a break and went bass fishing. It resulted in me catching my best Montana bass ever. You can read more about it in another thread, but it sure made my day.

I also caught my first squawfish. While I know it's considered a trash fish in Montana I always enjoy catching something I've never caught before.

At the end of the day we hit the creek again.

Matt pretty much handed me my lunch for size of fish the second half of the day. Matt is a big dude at around 6'4" or so and over 300 lbs, he even makes this 16-17" brown look like a minnow. I didn't post all the fish we caught, but we had decent fish action all day. It was a great day spent with an even better friend. It is very good therapy for the mind as well.