Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gauntlet is Thrown Down

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post

OH, and Hide...........she can't pay for dogfood with SNAP. I know this, because last year I was behind a cute couple buying a million dollars worth of steaks and lobster and whatever, and using SNAP. They had dog food. The clerk said "No dog food, sorry". The guy looked up, grabbed the dog food, handed it to his wife (?) and said, and I quote "Honey, take this back and get a big ham. Fido loves ham".

I stood and waited.

lol.. Oh, that helps. This latest one was when the WICK program was going on - and - she had food stamps and at least one other plastic card. .. and she paid cash for the dog food, cigarettes and beer. I'm a bit better now - I've had two Absolut martinis on the rocks.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Yeah I saw that video too Bill. As far as I can tell it is not an AR but simply a shotgun with a pistol grip maybe. A turkey gun or something like that.

I am with you on the fact that these weapons were unsecured. I am very interested to know if the kid just walked into the closet and picked them up or if there was some attempt to keep them from him. I have brought access and security as a possible way to lend something substantive to the discussion. As expected that has not been received well at all. There have been suggestions that making safes mandatory, even for semi autos, would end up being a backdoor way to nullify that 2nd.

The level of paranoia from our side is pretty high and I believe it reaches the point where any attempt to do anything whatsoever to get crazy people off the street and treated or to do anything at all to try and limit their access to weapons is going to get stonewalled. Right now I think the gun community's response to any action at all will be "Tough noogies. We ain't moving."

A mistake, but an honest assessment I would argue.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Some things are black, some things are white, and some things are gray. Wisdom is knowing the difference.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.