Thread: First winter storm of the season

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

First winter storm of the season

Today through the weekend, maybe 12-14" of snow and strong winds. Could turn out to be a real hummmmdinger.
    Kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow, #3 took my truck to work so when he comes home tomorrow at 3am he may need the 4WD.
    So far we've had a green Nov. and Dec. maybe a total of a few inches. It's nice to have a white Christmas, adds to the feeling. May finally get a chance to use my new snow thrower. Biggest worry is power lost, that sucks.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

No snow here this year. We are "expecting a winter storm" with 1-2inches, maybe 3 by Christmas. That isn't a winter stormunless we are talking Florida. That is a winter day.
    Itis raining this morning. 50 degrees. Supposed to drop all dayturn to freezing rain,then to snow. Tomorrow isour last school day before Christmas, er Imean Winter Break. Wouldn't want to offend anyone who does not celebrate Christmas.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    It started about 7am, already have a couple of inches, worst is yet to come. It is pretty though.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Just got a call from our neighbors at the Chicot lakehouse....straight line winds and power outages all over that part of Arkieland....may hafta make a quick trip over there with the generator....fridge and freezer are full of all kinds of Christmas goodies for our family gathering, next week....should be okay, however, if power is restored within 12 hours.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I just looked at the radar and it sure looks like a doozy. While I'd love the snow, I'll take the rain it's supposed to bring us as we had a very dry summer and an even drier fall.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Wind is 43,403,083 mph or possibly 95 kilometers per nanosecond.

Temperature 43.

That makes windchill.......um......um......"inside".
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    When did they start naming winter storms? I see they are calling this one Draco.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Draco. Cool name. Sounds menacing. Probably name of some video game warrior.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Or, some villain in a fantasy novel. Oh, wait...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke