Thread: Gun advice.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Went to the local gun shop and this is what followed me home. A CZ 455 combo, it has a .22LR, .17HMR & .22WMR barrels for $570.00

image.jpg

image.jpg

Another question, I have a old Nikon Monarch fixed 4X scope in the safe. Would that be a good scope for a rimfire?
    Last edited by Trav; 07-14-2016 at 09:11 PM.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Another question, I have a old Nikon Monarch fixed 4X scope in the safe. Would that be a good scope for a rimfire?
    Some guys don't care and I have no idea if it makes a difference (I would think it does), but I always mounted rimfire scopes on my rimfire rifles and regular rifle scopes on my centerfire rifles.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Thanks Airbud.. I like the classic lines, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Went to the local gun shop and this is what followed me home. A CZ 455 combo, it has a .22LR, .17HMR & .22WMR barrels for $570.00

xellent choice - I think you'll be pleased. I'll answer your scope question with a question.. How old are you? I got along great with a 4x scope until I was about 55. Then one day I noticed it wasn't doing the job. Looked through one of my centerfires set on 6X.. as the kids say,,,, "omg". Only difference between "better" inch-tube rimfire scopes and centerfire is - rimfire parallax is set at 50 yards - centerfire at 100. Most of my rimfires have decent quality variable power airgun scopes with ao.
    Last edited by HideHunter; 07-14-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.