Thread: Gun advice.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    A model 60 was the first .22 I ever bought (new). I think I paid $89.00 for it on sale at Wally World. It was a decent, cheap, beginner's rifle, but that mf'er sure did jam like a son-of-a-gun if I tried to shoot cheaper soft-nosed bullets. CCI Stingers was the only round it shot consistantly without jamming.
    Lol Thump^ I got my model 60 at K-Mart a long time ago/ never jammed on me/ I will even post a video of me shooting it all 15 times!....You got a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    Lol Thump^ I got my model 60 at K-Mart a long time ago/ never jammed on me/ I will even post a video of me shooting it all 15 times!....You got a dud.
    Oh, don't get me wrong .. I fired a bazillion rounds through that thing, but Trav wants a bolt action. As for the Mod. 60, my favorite thing about it was the tube magazine. If I was plinking, I could load a shit-load of shorts in there. But somewhere along the line it developed a catch on the feed ramp (I'm assuming) and a soft-nose bullet would hang up every 10 rounds or so. It would really piss me off, but I got around it by using CCI's exclusively as they would feed better. It probably would have been an easy fix ... but I don't like working on guns ... I just take 'em out'ta the box, sight 'em in and shoot 'em. If they don't shoot ... they're a POS IMHO. I gave it to my son and just used my Ruger 10/22 for plinking.

Although I started out as an auto mechanic and worked my way up through the automobile service business where I worked for close to 20 years ... (and went through a TON of "project cars") ... these days, I buy a car, drive it off the lot (I don't even test drive 'em ... what's the point?) and if it breaks, it's junk. (that's why I drive Toyotas)

I don't even change my own oil any more. (I get an oil/filter change and tire rotation for $19.95 at the dealership) Even though I have my own compressor, it's a rare occasion I'll even add air to my tires! I'll stop by the dealership and just have one of their guys air 'em up for me (I know people there and simply pull into the shop to a service bay).
    Cars, guns ... it doesn't matter ... if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, it's junk. Did I say that's why I drive Toyotas?

In a way, you could say I'm lazy ... but I worked hard all my life to gain the privilege to be lazy.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain