Thread: Shooter-type advise needed

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Shooter-type advise needed

I realize most of you dufes think this is a website for discussing baseball or sprint car racing or yoga or whatever but I have a hunting/shooting related question that I hope someone here can answer:
    - my daughter is shooting in the youth trap program this year and after patterning her gun she is consistently shooting to the left of the target...do I have to move her cheek away from the stock or closer to it?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    If the gun has an adjustable comp, move it to the left (this is for a RH shooter)
    If not she needs to place her cheek more on the stock. If the gun has a mid bead, it should align with the front bead, almost making a figure 8, if she does this and it still shoots left you may have to bend the barrel.
    Take two glasses, place them about two inches apart, two feet away from you, then take a pencil about a foot away from your eye, aim it at the left hand glass, without moving your hand,move your head in the direction to change your aim to align with the right hand glass, that will give you the direction your head needs to move.
    Glad to see you have another trap shooter in the family.
    Last edited by jb; 07-18-2016 at 04:32 PM.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    A slight spline adjustment should do the trick

image.jpeg
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Just have her aim a little bit to the right of the bird. You're welcome.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain