Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAYUM!

DAYUM!

I just decided I ain't gonna vote for a President. I'm gonna vote for the First Lady! Wow!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Ha ha ha! General Flynn called Hillary an Obama clone! That's a good one.

Yep, she's a classy lady....and, she isn't a dumb blond, either....speaks 5 languages....h3ll, I don't even have English down pat, yet.

She makes Moochie look like an old fat sweaty cow.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-18-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Not to take a thing away from her (she's a classy lady, and smart), but to be honest, we Americans are lazy sob's. I've rubbed elbows with elebenty-bazillion Europeans in my travels and I'd have to say over half of the Central (where Melania is from) and Eastern Europeans speak multiple languages. Like the U.S, it's not so common in Western Europe, (especially the UK/Ireland). I've known quite a few Central/Eastern Europeans who speak 4-5 languages, so Melania's right up there with the best of them.

My theory is, if you are fluent in one of the Romance Languages, it's relatively easy to learn another (or more) Romance Language(s). That may be why few Americans and Brits speak multiple languages, while much of Central/Eastern Europe does. I had an employee in L.A. years ago who was from Italy, and he had no problem speaking with my Mexican, or Spanish speaking employees. He was fluent in Italian and English, but I'm not sure of the differences between Italian and Spanish. Like me, I can speak quite a bit of Thai. I'm far from fluent, but I usually have no problem communicating with what I do speak. I also speak a bit of Laotian, but much of the Thai and Lao language is very similar and most Thais and Laotians don't have much of a problem understanding each other even though they are definitely different languages. I know a few words/phrases in Cambodian and some Vietnamese, but unless I find someone who speaks English, I'm pretty much clueless in Burma (Myanmar).

How fluent do you have to be to steal lines directly from another's speech and then claim you wrote them yourself!

This is the second rate bunch of hacks that we all know they are.

And to make matters worse, their followers don't even care!

BKB

But the words sounded so much better coming from her... She's a class act.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Oh, it's splashed all over the news like it was an ISIS attack! THREE sentences (with a few words changed here and there, but still pretty obvious). I'm sure there's a speech writer in the mix somewhere in all of this ... heck, he could have written BOTH of them, who knows? Damn, you'd think it was the end of the frigging world. She's a class act regardless and frankly, I could give a rat's ass about the biggest news story the Liberal media has for us today.

Personally, I think Melania's words are very common phrases, which could be used by anyone, trying to make a positive statement about our country.

At least she didn't repeat Moochie's sheeity statement, "For the FIRST time in my life, I'm proud to be an American."....did you hear the libtards jump her azz about that???....not hardly.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-19-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

And we can play this game all day long ... Joe Biden plagiarized his was through law school. He's Obama's Vice President.

Last night's speech is the big news today ... plagiarized from Michelle's 2008 speech (again, I'm sure mostly written by a professional speech writer).

Politics sucks any way you slice it, but speaking of 2008 ...if you want to throw some mud ... does anybody even give a crap about this?

Yep, its the speechwriters fault. And heck, it all depends on if you have a purty mouth whether you can be a republican or not. I see how y'all are.

Trump's ticket is:
    if you ain't scared now, tune in all week and we'll make America paranoid again!

BKB

Good one, Thump...."the fat lady is singing"....ooops, did I just plagarize Yogi.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Well, as a cop I can tell you I'm already paranoid.

"Never trust a woman who wears a wool jacket in July."....I just made that up.

hiy.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Yep, its the speechwriters fault. BKB
    Here's how it works. A professional speechwriter writes the speech based on what he/she knows about the person delivering the speech and the message they want to convey. The delivering party may change phrases around, edit certain parts or even delete sections/paragraphs. Some will send the whole mess back to be re-written or write sections themselves to get across what THEY want transmitted. The better a speech writer knows the person they are writing for, the less editing there is. The bottom line is, whomever DELIVERS the speech is responsible for it's content whether they were aware of any plagiarism or not.

It's the same with the music industry. Heck, how many months was Whitney Houston at the top of the charts with 'I Will Always Love You'? When was that, 1992? That song was written and performed by Dolly Parton in 1974. Now if Dolly had plagiarized any of that song, everybody down the line would be screwed. It's business ... people will use these screw-ups in different ways, depending on which side of the isle they're on and whom it is who pulls the fuck-up. Welcome to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    "Never trust a woman who wears a wool jacket in July."....I just made that up.
    I think those potato sack lookin' things are all she EVER wears ... OVER a pants suit.

Well, she was a hottie in school but she still managed to snag a boyfriend!

I think they must've tapped someone from Trump University's English Department for their speech writer.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Well, as a cop I can tell you I'm already paranoid.
    I hear ya' Deppity. This shit HAS to stop! Keep safe out there buddy.

I think they must've tapped someone from Trump University's English Department for their speech writer.

BKB
    Your Libtard slip is showing.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    With all of the crazy stuff that is happening in the world: Orlando, Nice, Dallas, Baton Rogue, etc......My level of giva-a-shit on speech plagiarism doesn't rank very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    With all of the crazy stuff that is happening in the world: Orlando, Nice, Dallas, Baton Rogue, etc......My level of giva-a-shit on speech plagiarism doesn't rank very high.
    So I guess you're saying a person's word isn't their bond. That's less important than current events.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    go tell cnn...

123.jpg

^^ That's a stretch ^^^ But while we're at it I guess Hillary's

1. I did not email any classified information
    2. I remember landing under sniper fire

don't count as her word? But, in general yes the plagiarism from a Presidential candidates wife concern me less than the mass murder and cop deaths.

be sure not to forget Foxnews!

BKB

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...8-address.html

ps....you're cantankerous again! This is a good sign of recover ...Makes me happy!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I think a good project for you while you are laid up is to go through every speech ever made by a candidate's wife and see if there is any common words or threads between them. They all sound pretty much the same to me.

I'm back in college and they have this really cool thing now where you submit your papers online and it compares it with all the other submitted papers and all of the published works it has in the database as well and checks for plagerism. It gives a percentage for you. Anything under 10% is acceptable and if you have it properly cited, a higher percentage is ok. What percentage of this speech was plagerized?

This ain't college! This is for the leadership of the free world! And you guys are glossing over a second rate hack job of a speech that, without citing the source, lifted an entire segment of the speech. I'm not naive enough to think that is some sort of capital offense. What is, though is the absolute refusal to accept responsibility and dscribe how someone is being held accountable. That's the very core value that was missing from the entire Bush administration, its been missing from the Obama administration, and apparently you all think its perfectly okay as long as its your guy doing it and not the enemy.

You should stand back and listen to yourselves. Its pathetic.

We all need to find a new candidate. If Trump is yours and you defend this (and all the rest of his behavior), then we'll not ever agree. But don't go spoutng honesty platitudes.

BKb

BKB

Trump is not my candidate.....I'm feeling the Johnson!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    That ain't front page^ like mine

So I guess you're saying a person's word isn't their bond. That's less important than current events. BKB
    Ha ha ha! Youse silly Libs will grasp at ANYTHING. We're talkin' 'bout Melania, the WIFE of the GOP nominee for President. Her hubby is running for President, not her. If she's running for anything, it's for "First Lady". (and what a FINE First Lady she would be!)

Here's an interesting read on Clinton scandals if anyone wants to wade through them.

http://www.upvibes.com/hillary-clint...28-desktabl-us

Ya' have to scan down a bit to the red "next slide" icon hidden among the ads and crap.