Thread: New NASCAR Fan

New NASCAR Fan

Drove by the track at MIS on Wednesday on our way to dinner and to boy was in awe so I bought some tickets to the race on Sunday. He had a ball.
    Smaller.jpg

The way to get REALLY hooked is to have a favorite or two to root for. Who's the boy like to watch? His driver has to pass my approval before he can become a legitimate fan here.

My favorite drivers are the UPS man and the Pappa Johns delivery dude.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    My favorite drivers are the UPS man and the Pappa Johns delivery dude.

I'll be sure and let Di know that the next time she hauls your lard ass across town to meet some Florida axe-murderer for dinner!

Hey Chad! Been a pretty hardcore fan for about the last 6 or 7 years. It was these dufes here that got me interested. Now I seldom if ever, miss a Sprint Cup race on the tube! My dream is to someday attend a race in person. Race week in Charlotte is probably top of my list, but Daytona" right up there too. I'll probably wind up going to Vegas or Phoenix as they're cheapest and easiest to get to from Edmonton.

If you went to Charlotte I'll bet I know a farmer down there who might have some connections to show you some good stuff!

BKB

I'm not sure teedubs head could survive the wilderberry juice!

Is your email on here Dubber? If not shoot me an email at dlplyler@windstream.net.
    You should come to Charoltte for speed week, and get to see the NASCAR hall of fame here..
    I could hook you up with a bunch of stuff at the Charlotte area race wise...
    Take Care, Captain

It is now Larke.... under my biography. At this time, speed week in Charlotte is just a wild fantasy, but I sure do appreciate the offer and if it ever does come to pass, I'll be sure to contact you beforehand. There's a ton of things I'd lke to see there, hall of fame, Hendricks, the Sunday race infield pass, etc, etc and etc.

Len, TeeDub's original handle was WhiskeyJack. He and I managed to get lost, drink a case of beer, then proceed to demolish a handle of Jack, all in the space of about six hours. He did some nice aerials too. He can handle his brown liquor.

Terry, you've gone hook,line,and sinker it sounds like on NastyCar. Do you listen to the in car radio too?

It's good to see Junior doing so well this year. He seems to be pushing it which I always wondered about. I think Hendricks has taught him how to get that edge. I'll make a deal with you. If you go for that week, I'll meet you out there.
    BKB

Man, that's somthing I'd love to do Barry and I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather go with. However..... if I ever did, it would probably be with my wife. She's a bit of a NASCAR buff too, but not as serial as myownfineself.

No, but I'd sure as hell rent one at the race, if I ever went.

Yeah, Jr's doing damn fine this year and does seem to have his "stuff" in order. Seems to be playin' it pretty cool sometimes though and looks almost happy to be in the top 10. He does seem to be a little more aggressive this year which is a good thing in his case. He needs another win or two before the chase starts. I was a little concerned about his nerve in the past couple of years, but he sure seems good this year. Another kid I like is Keslowski. He's on fire for only his 2nd full season.

I was Fishing Sunday and did not get to see the race, However someone told me to Google Mark Martins wreck and I did. That boy was about a foot to 18 inches from being cut in half!

He's a Jimmy Johnson fan. I don't know why, he just picked him. He also liked JR.

SMART youngin'

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I was Fishing Sunday and did not get to see the race, However someone told me to Google Mark Martins wreck and I did. That boy was about a foot to 18 inches from being cut in half!

That's all I kept thinking Cappy ... another foot forward and he'd have been toast! He seemed cool as a cucumber after the crash but I'll bet after he got a good look at that car and where he was sitting ... the reality really sunk in. That was a little too close for comfort. I forsee some sort of "wall-end" barrier to be put in place before the next race. It was a freak accident and will probably never happen like that again, but I'll bet NASCAR is scrambling to make sure it doesn't happen again.