Thread: Should be fishing.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Should be fishing.

Though I wish I were going fishing this weekend, it just isn't going to happen. My oldest and some buddies decided to ditch the dorms this year and have rented a house. With a house comes the need for furniture, hence the reason I am pulling a trailer to South Dakota this weekend to help my son move said furniture into their house rather then going back up to Sakakawea to try get some more salmon like we did last week.

The youngest and his girlfriend tag-teamed on this one Saturday evening.
    IMG_4111.JPG

And my oldest caught this one Sunday morning.
    IMG_4117.JPG

But instead of pulling a cargo trailer to SD, I SHOULD be hauling the boat there to see if I can tie into a BIG salmon like this 30+ lber caught on Lake Oahe last weekend.
    IMG_4121.jpg

Sadly, next weekend I will be hauling the younger boy to college. Ugh!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I should be fishing as well. First time in over 40 years that i didn't even buy a fishing license
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Vince! You need to fix that or we may have to send a sniper-tasermaster down there.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

mostly no place to go. everything is privately owned, can't cross people's property. Just no place to go. I'm not willing to buddy up with some of these people for fishing privileges. I just go to the super market and buy a package of Swai and dream about the good old days
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I'll be Striper fishing again tomorrow. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I should be fishing as well. First time in over 40 years that i didn't even buy a fishing license
    Sounds like we need to do a Goodhunting intervention.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Shenandoah camping and float trip weekend is September 16-18th. Camp site is just below Compton Rapids. Every single one a you ignorant troglodyte bottom feeding trumpet monkeys is more than welcome. You're good people!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Campsite! CAMPSITE! Ain't there no motels in that part of the world?
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

This is with a younger crowd. My tent has a ceiling fan and a queen sized air mattress, fuck 'em PLus being in a little ravine right next to the cool river water makes it bearable at night. Sometimes it'll surprise and be downright cold.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Sounds like we need to do a Goodhunting intervention.

BKb

Too late Postie. My fly rod bit me when I walked by because it didn't recognize me. The only fish I've eaten this year is swai and flounder that I buy at the grocery store
    Albert Einstein