Thread: Hey, Cap, they're almost ready.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    That made me dizzy. What did it say? For doves anything goes?

BKB
    Yep, it is sorta confusing.....that's the reason some folks get into trouble doing it because they don't familiarize themselves with the regs....you can do just about anything with a standing crop of sunflowers, but, you can't add any additional seed to the sunflower field, unless it's done in a normal ag practice....i.e., disking and normal planting wheat in strips, within the sunflower field for wildlife foodplots....it can't be just piled on top of the ground.

About 20 years ago, I was going to prepare a jam up dove field for a church fund-raiser, after our main sanctuary had a bad electrical fire.....I charged only $50 for the entire Labor Day weekend hunt, and had a big crowd and a great hunt....ended up raising about $2,000 bucks for the church.

Anywho, to be on the safe side, I asked my local GW(an older guy, nearing retirement) to come out and inspect my field, before the hunt, to make certain that it was totally legal....there were no sunflowers, it was just a 20 acre field, correctly and legally planted in wheat with a grain drill, but the birds loved it because it had woods and water adjacent to it....he inspected it, and gave me the thumbs-up for the hunt.

On the 2nd day of the hunt, two new, young, cocky GWs(I had heard about their tactics) flagged me down on my turn-row, and said my field was illegal because all the wheat seed was not completely covered....dumbazzes didn't know sheeit about farming....they said they had heard about my hunt, and proceeded to write me a ticket for illegal baiting, and were going to write tickets to every hunter in the field, also.

I kept my composure, and asked them to radio the GW that had inspected my field, earlier....he showed up about 45 minutes later, and he motioned the two young turds over behind his truck....somewhat of an argument ensued between them, and the only thing I remember hearing clearly was, "I'll whip both of ya'lls azzes, if you don't get the h3ll outta my territory."

They got in their little green pickup, and hauled azz.... and, before leaving, the older GW said, "Ya'll have a great hunt."
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 08-17-2016 at 05:27 PM.
    Southern Gentleman