Julie and I pulled the boat up to Stockton Lake in SW Missouri on thursday for a nice long four day weekend on what is advertised as a good walleye lake. We met up with her brother and sis in law at a nice cabin and had steaks and burgers and watermelen and beers and rum and you name it. It my first big outing with Renaldo and other than wearing out a little faster than normal I felt good all weekend. Its great to get strength and flexibility back almost to 100%! I still have to stop and remind myself not to grab a full cooler or something for a little while longer but it was fine.

As for the fishng? It sucked. Got out under an almost full moon amd did the noght troll, found some bait balls and marked a few smallish fish but the walleye fishing was terrible. So we loaded up the ladies and spent the days casting the banks, swimming, and visiting and donsuming a few adult beverages. Our weather has been outstanding lately and we had clear 85 degree summer days with some light breezes, which is almost unheard of in August in these parts.

Great weekend! Don't go there if you expect to catch fish!

BKB

image.jpg