Thread: Trip Report The Dead Sea

Trip Report The Dead Sea

Julie and I pulled the boat up to Stockton Lake in SW Missouri on thursday for a nice long four day weekend on what is advertised as a good walleye lake. We met up with her brother and sis in law at a nice cabin and had steaks and burgers and watermelen and beers and rum and you name it. It my first big outing with Renaldo and other than wearing out a little faster than normal I felt good all weekend. Its great to get strength and flexibility back almost to 100%! I still have to stop and remind myself not to grab a full cooler or something for a little while longer but it was fine.

As for the fishng? It sucked. Got out under an almost full moon amd did the noght troll, found some bait balls and marked a few smallish fish but the walleye fishing was terrible. So we loaded up the ladies and spent the days casting the banks, swimming, and visiting and donsuming a few adult beverages. Our weather has been outstanding lately and we had clear 85 degree summer days with some light breezes, which is almost unheard of in August in these parts.

Great weekend! Don't go there if you expect to catch fish!

BKB

image.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

We don't need to see a picture of you numb-nuts. Post pictures of Julie!
    It will keep our attention a LOT longer.
    Sorry the fishing tanked but glad you got out and about and had a good weekend.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I just thought you might have fogotten what I looked like.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    That hat puts me a bit in mind of my fishing hat.. It happens to be Gamakatsu - but no mind.. when I was a writer - I was a hat whore. Pretty much anything if it was free. Still have a garbage bag full. Wife told me today as I was leaving the house - "You're Gross!".. I wear my fishing clothes at least three days before washing.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Every time you post a pic of yourself, I always think, ok, this is it ... he CAN'T get any fuglier. Then you come along later and post another, even fuglier one! When are you going to stop? I'm with Cappy on this one. Julie ... Julie ... JULIE!!!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Here's one of me singing. If it had sound, you'd be even more impressed.

BKB

image.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    That's why they call it fishing and not catching. It sounds like you had a good time in spite of the lack of cooperation from the fishes.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

With no sound, I'd say it just looks like you're catching skeeters to me.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain