KeithBob, Birddgog to you'ns, and I loaded up the jon boat, threw in some tackle boxes and coffee cups and some frozen bottled waters, and this morning just two poles apiece and headed to the pits. We got on the water about 8:45, had some good topwater action for a bit, and generally just had an awesome morning on the water. The cool summer we have had has left the water in these pits gin clear, the fish are almost black they're so deep green and healthy, and the coontail is high and makes pockets that you point to and say "That thur is some primo bucketmout habitat". I think we caught 33 bass in total and they were taking flight a lot today. Just full of piss and vinegar. Not like dog days at all.
I caught the biggest, of course, right at high noon. Two and a half pounder. Brought a few home for my supper tonight. I hardly ever do that in August. Found nary a parasite when I cleaned them.

First time out on home waters since the first day of July. Man, that's almost two months of fishng lost this summer. I'm stingy about givng any of that time up!

BKB