Thread: Weekend plans gone astray

Weekend plans gone astray

Wife and I have had plans for the last month to spend a long weekend in Ocracoke, NC this weekend.

Wouldn't you know our luck, Aunt Hermine decided to go there, and the ferry is now shut down, and mandatory evacuation in effect for all visitors on the island.

Guess we will call the money a bad bet, and find something else to do close to home. We're gonna call the rental place tomorrow and see if they will reboot or refund the money on the house we rented. Im not getting my hopes up.

Pretty sure my wife won't go for "well let's just cuddle on the couch all weekend".

Maybe we can hit the new Field and Stream store that just opened up down here.

Hurricanes. Just my luck.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    we don't have hurricanes in Arkansas. We do have swarms of big old salt water mosquitoes that hit with the force of an F-3. and some surly old cottonmouths as thick as the calf of your leg. and loggerhead chiggers that won't turn loose till it thunders.

not sure which is worse. Oh did I mention the 90 degree days during the November deer season?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    Pretty sure my wife won't go for "well let's just cuddle on the couch all weekend".
    Can you really blame her?

That sucks actually. It's been raining here since early Monday with no let-up in sight ... in fact, we have a major thunder-boomer going on right now that's dumping buckets of rain. As stated in another thread, Lynn's family has been here at Disney all week. Talk about a ton of money and excitement going into the toilet. Hope you can recoup some of your investment.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

go inland to a cheap hotel order good thai food and eat on the bed nekkid. Or at least get her to. You keep your danskins on.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    we don't have hurricanes in Arkansas. We do have swarms of big old salt water mosquitoes that hit with the force of an F-3. and some surly old cottonmouths as thick as the calf of your leg. and loggerhead chiggers that won't turn loose till it thunders. not sure which is worse. Oh did I mention the 90 degree days during the November deer season?
    Sounds like you are describing some foreign country.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    You keep your danskins on.
    I had bought a brand new pair just for the trip. Had the crotch custom tailored and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Can you really blame her? That sucks actually. It's been raining here since early Monday with no let-up in sight ... in fact, we have a major thunder-boomer going on right now that's dumping buckets of rain. As stated in another thread, Lynn's family has been here at Disney all week. Talk about a ton of money and excitement going into the toilet. Hope you can recoup some of your investment.
    you are right. The money we had in that pales in comparison to your story. I'd guess Lynn's has 10,000 in that trip. Easily.

I had bought a brand new pair just for the trip. Had the crotch custom tailored and everything.
    Hope you remembered to sew the pouch for the potato in front this time!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Sorry to hear your plans had to be scrubbed. That sucks.

Get a weekend package at the Greenbriar or Homestead in Hot Springs. It's a little spendy but will score you the most important kind of points that exist ifyouknowhatimeanandiknowthatyoudo. Both places have amazingly good restaurants and plenty of activities to keep you busy if you want to be busy.

Homestead is nice and relaxing and has a very interesting history.
    https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/ho...FQIHaQodAsgOmg

Same for the Greenbriar. Both places have cool historical tours of the place.
    http://www.greenbrier.com/
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Get a weekend package at the Greenbriar or Homestead in Hot Springs. It's a little spendy but will score you the most important kind of points that exist ifyouknowhatimeanandiknowthatyoudo. Both places have amazingly good restaurants and plenty of activities to keep you busy if you want to be busy. Homestead is nice and relaxing and has a very interesting history. https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/ho...FQIHaQodAsgOmg Same for the Greenbriar. Both places have cool historical tours of the place. http://www.greenbrier.com/
    Sounds awesome! Just text me your credit card number!

Both places have weekend getaway packages that are reasonable for what you get. I have Cap'ns CC info. Will that work for you?

Sounds awesome! Just text me your credit card number!
    Heck with that! We don't keep secrets at G/H ... just post it here.

You're all pussies!

Order an extra large pizza you can eat on all weekend, buy about a dozen bottles of wine for her, a bottle of brown liquor for you, send the kds to grandmas, and get ready for some college football!

Puss. (not pus, CD)

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    go inland to a cheap hotel order good thai food and eat on the bed nekkid. Or at least get her to. You keep your danskins on.
    Man, have times changed. 30 years ago that Thai food would have been an 8-ball of blow. The rest still stands....
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Well, since you're going to be around, give a holler if you think of something fun to do. Looks like we're going to head that way for the weekend anyway. I figure I can still wear the kid and his friend down with biking so long as we don't get blown over, and I'm going surf fishing if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Man, have times changed. 30 years ago that Thai food would have been an 8-ball of blow. The rest still stands....
    Hehehehe... No comment! Good times!

Ha! Ain't tellin' me nuttin'! 30 years ago I was working in Beverly Hills and Hollywood! The stuff wasn't much different than finding a bowl of peanuts on the bar at your favorite hang-out. Go to ANY party and there were lines laid out on the coffee tables or at minimum, there'd be a mirror laid out in the restroom. Crazy days .... thanks, now I'm feelin' OLD.